• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Peetypug

Is It Worth It

Peetypug

anybody know of any cheap upgrades worth doing to my engine while its fully stripped?

eg, uprated spring for the oil pump

its not going to be a track day beast just a bit of hard weekend driving (only when its dry)

engine killer

balancing maybe. my previous 8v had all pistons, conrods and crankshaft balanced and I could feel the engine rev more freely.

DamirGTI

Hi !

Maybe a bit of head job :) 3 angle seats , cleaning-modifying the inlet ports etc.

I've done this by myself and it didn't cost me so much in fact all the money that i've spend doing this was just for the tools ..

if you wish you can read more here (also you have a lot of pics there ..) :

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...59&hl=inlet

Cheers ! :)

Damir

Ahl

Like Damir says, if you read up on it and do it carefully it can be quite good to do a bit of porting.

My 1.9 made 110bhp at the wheels, so about 134 @ the fly, just from doing this. Not bad for a simple effort.

http://www.guy-croft.com is a good resource for this type of thing, and Guy and the other forum members are very helpful.

Guest Geeraard
balancing maybe. my previous 8v had all pistons, conrods and crankshaft balanced and I could feel the engine rev more freely.

Any idea on pricing for such a job? I would like to have my Mi internals balanced, so a price indication would be nice.

brianthemagical

my 8v bottem end static and dynamic balancing was £150. 3-angle seats, neaded cutting anyway, £30. head skim, deck block, hone liners, lighten flywheel.

Peetypug

what about the so called magic oil springs that go for tenner on EGAY?

somebody tell me they aint worth it? or i can get one from another car

Edited by sorrentopete

welshpug
what about the so called magic oil springs that go for tenner on EGAY?

somebody tell me they aint worth it? or i can get one from another car

eh??

do you mean an XU10 6 bar oil pump spring? dont buy it off ebay, buy it from a dealer

1157 11.........PISTON SPRING.......................2.70 GBP................3.17 GBP

Edited by welshpug

Peetypug
eh??

do you mean an XU10 6 bar oil pump spring? dont buy it off ebay, buy it from a dealer

1157 11.........PISTON SPRING.......................2.70 GBP................3.17 GBP

sorry welshpug

i should have been clearer

magic spring :D

i've seen a few for sale on EGAY and they make out they are the best thing since sliced bread

welshpug

aaah those things PMSL!!! 300% markup!

Peetypug

so they work but i should get them from a dealer?

what dealer? peugeot?

welshpug

yep, get em from peugeot for £3.17 instead of an ebay joker for £9.99, same part same performance.

lotus205

looks like someone has got board of selling resistors that give you a billion HP gain! :)

GLPoomobile

Just for the record, the seller in the earlier link (ABMotorsport) is not just another shonky eBay dealer. They are actually a legitimate business involved in Motorsport etc and sell many uprated parts for 205s. I don't know much about them, but as an example, when we met Miles at Castle Combe action day he was with a guy with a mint track prepared 205 that Miles said had cost circa £40k to build, and that had an AB Motorsport branded VIN plate so I presume they were involved in the build.

Just because you can get an XU10 spring for a few quid doesn't mean that the item shown is one of these sold on for profit rather than a Peugeot Sport item. I don't know if there is any difference or benefit between an XU10 spring and the item they sell, and I don't rightly care. At the end of the day there is only about a £7 difference between the two, so it's not like they are trying to totally con people like the resistor mod arse holes.

Anyway, eBay is a prime market for selling on OE pug parts for a profit. You just tell people how much they need the part and that it is RARE and reel in the money! I saw someone selling a Ph2 indicator stalk the other day and it was advertised as rare, and yet there were probably a good handful more listed elsewhere on eBay :)

Stonesie

Squish jets....

Theyre suposed to create more turbulance on the compression stroke and distribute the flame front to the rings more quickly and eavenly, Thing is i cant find the links now i need them but they are apparantly in use on small industrial engines because they boost power and efficiency.

Found a couple..

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3294

http://fueleconomytips.com/2005/11/24/groovy-heads/

When i get a 205 i will probably try it myself, a replacement XU9 head or eaven XU10 shouldnt be too hard to come by..

brianthemagical
Just for the record, the seller in the earlier link (ABMotorsport) is not just another shonky eBay dealer.

it might not be that ab motorsport, just like the just gti's ebayer.

the pts items that you can buy off pts are ~ £10 as well. my gti6 spring definatly raised the pressure.

how about indexing your spark plugs? apparently you point the gap to the inlet port and it makes the engine better. personally i prefere to get the correct torque and the mixture is moving and all.

just give it all a good clean and maybe polish the ports and stuff. the engine will only be worth about £30 so all is not lost if you ruin it.

Peetypug

wether it is the real company or not i only used it as an example

i agree with brianthemagical, anybody can call themselves anything on these sites

i could be scooby doo for all anybody knows :)

welshpug

My point was that its just a 6 bar spring, that you can get from the dealer for £3.17, which is identical to whatever else is out there sold as a PTS spring.

brianthemagical

my spring is a gti-6 6 bar item that i bought from pug for £3 odd, as welshpug's and it has made an improvement in the oil pressure.

Sign in to follow this