• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Strange Question I Know,

Atari Boy

There are a few things in my boot that I need to keep close by and as I am going to take the 205 on a track day next week I could do with everything being secure back there.

The objects in question are my jump leads, jack and wheel brace. My plan so far is to cable tie them into position in the corners.

Does anyone have any better ideas or tips?

I am now back at work after two weeks on holiday and my idle thoughts about unimportant non work related things are the only way I seem to be able to haul myself through the working day. Does everyone find it this bad?

Thanks for any (sensible) advice.

Jonny

pacey205

Ive got a load of bits and bobs (tools, spare bulbs, jump leads etc) in a plastic toolbox/fishing tackle box in the boot. I got annoyed with it sliding about so I got some sticky velcro pads and have stuck it to the sound deadengin matt I have in the boot. Job, jobbed. Toolbox no longer flies about the place but is still easy to take in and out, plus the velcros black so it dosent look too out of place.

Michael

Richie-Van-GTi

best sensible answer would be remove them before the start of the session. If you cannot be sure of their security whilst out on track and must leave them in the boot then tie them all into one bundle, maybe using a bag or something then you can tie them around the rear seat mounting points. Get them so they are sat against the back of the seat though so in the event of hard braking or dare I say it 'impact' they dont have any space in which to 'accelerate'

GLPoomobile

I'm presuming you don't have rear seats anymore. My plan, which isn't relevant to you unless you are happy to drill holes in the boot floor, is to

1 - drill holes in the MDF panel in my boot (the car came with a nicely cut panel shaped to fit the boot and carpeted), fit some folding luggage hooks and then get some cargo nets. I can then sling all my crap in the boot and keep it in pace under the net secured by the hooks in the floor.

2 - Fit a 'boot organiser' to the rear seats.

If it's only those 3 items, why not just sling them in a bag of some sort and just chuck them behind a seat? They won't move about too much, unless you crash and roll the car :)

Super Josh

I have a 306 'Cargo Net' fitted across the back of the rear seats. Seems to hold most stuff in place, although I would remove everything if going out on track. :D

Josh

hengti

as Richie - just take it all out

you'll not be needing any of it if you break down or ding the car (someone will come and take you off at most t'days) and it's unlikely anyone would be interested in pinching any of it. if you're worried about that, maybe ask one of your fellow t'dayers if you could leave it in their van/tow car etc - or ask the organisers if they'd keep it in their office or whatever

Atari Boy

In the end I went over board, but it does work really well.

clicky

Rupertfinch

LOL. You certainly did go overboard! Purchasing an entire photohosting website! Well done you!

;p Sorry the link is broken. I'd like to see what you did.

kate205gti

yes please post link :) do you have back seats still?

mine fits in like a jigsaw puzzle - jack behind the seats, box of spares in front of rear strut brace, spare wheels secured to rollcage, toolboxes in passenger footwell (although they rubbed through the wiring loom and my footwell caught fire earlier this year!), i keep tyreweld, oil and water and towropes in the inner pockets of where the back seats were - thats secure even on track :) and i use bunjee ropes to tie the rest down! :P

Edited by kate205gti

GLPoomobile
yes please post link :) do you have back seats still?

mine fits in like a jigsaw puzzle - jack behind the seats, box of spares in front of rear strut brace, spare wheels secured to rollcage, toolboxes in passenger footwell (although they rubbed through the wiring loom and my footwell caught fire earlier this year!), i keep tyreweld, oil and water and towropes in the inner pockets of where the back seats were - thats secure even on track :P and i use bunjee ropes to tie the rest down! :P

Where are you going to keep the spare engine block Kate? :):D

Atari Boy

Dam photobucket, one of these should/could work.

boottidy.jpg

or this?

It is a total overkill, I must have had too much spare time at work last week, but it sorted me out yesterday at Cadwell Park.

There are bits of aluminium inside the ends of the bag to create the rigidity so there is no slip sliding. :D

Edited by Atari Boy

Sign in to follow this