• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Citroen C5 "steel" Wheels

Sandy

Finally got the part numbers, if someone's posted them before I apologise to the re-post police , by my mitigation is that searching found me nothing. All these are current and available apparently.

5401H6 6x15 ET18 flat bolt seat type £62.40+VAT each

5401L7 6x15 ET18 taper bolt seat type £56.13+VAT each

5401C1 6x15 ET18 is the spare fitted to models with proper alloy wheels, which is the same part number as 406 steels. £29.66+VAT each

I can't confirm it, but it would seem from the pricing that the first two are definitely alloy and the last one is steel, certainly all the 406s with trims i've seen have been steel.

Ahl

Nice work Sandy. :D

pug_ham

Good find Sandy.

I asked about these wheels at my local Citroen dealers last year & afaik even if you order the part number for the alloy one's you will be supplied a steel replacement. :)

I'll try again with these numbers though & see what they say this time.

Graham.

Sandy

Cool, good luck!

Sandy

Managed to find a second hand set WOOHOO!

12kg each with the vast C5 195/65/15 Michelin fitted!

welshpug

very lucky! IIRC these were the subject of a Recall a year or two ago.

Sandy

So "they" say, but they are available to buy from citroen, presumably a revised pressing.

Ahl
Managed to find a second hand set WOOHOO!

12kg each with the vast C5 195/65/15 Michelin fitted!

Oh man, how much for? Go on, make me sick!

There were a lot that went for £20 just 5 miles from my work. I hadn't noticed them on ebay. :)

pug_ham

Well done Sandy, these are pretty damned rare & hard to find.

I'm sure I saw a C5 with them still fitted last year sometime in Denholme but I've never been back enough to see it again.

TBH I'd stopped looking for these but this prooves there are still some out there so I might resume a casual search.

Graham.

Sandy

I paid £75, I think the guy realised I was keen! I couldn't wait to paint them silver, so I went up to my friends and took the tyres of this morning. His uber-scales weighed the rims at 4.76kg each. It was just comedy when I lifted it off the tyre machine, bizarrely light!

I whacked my 195/50/15 Pilot Exalto 2's on from my Compomotive CXRs (which will be for sale, cough), they are 7kg each, which isn't bad. They sit well on the rim and they are a pleasure to fit, being so easy to hold in place when fumbling with the bolts.

We checked the run out on the balancing machine and they were dead straight, so no worries there. They balanced with minimal weights, we lazily used hammer on weights, which I'll touch in black to hide them a bit.

The matt black finish looks a bit ghetto, but I like it alot; I mean most 309's have no trims, just black steels, so it really helps with the subtlety I seek.

I'll take some pics in the morning I expect.

Sandy

Oh and another thing, the ride quality has improved noticeably, feels slightly eerie at speed.

petert

They're a good thing. I've been racing on them for four years. I've got the tapered seat version. A friend has the flat seat version, which were prone to cracking. But he's also raced on them without any dramas.

Sandy

Good to know Peter, thanks.

Sandy

Possibly the worst picture I've ever taken of my car, but you get the idea....

TrioC5.jpg

welshpug

very stealthy, what size tyres are you using now?

Sandy

195/50/15 Michelin PE2. I already had them on some other wheels. No rubbage, which is nice!

swordfish210

mmmmm what do you think my car would look like with a set of these on but powder coated white?

welshpug

I think they'd have to be black :blush:

how much do they weigh minus tyres sandy?

Baz

I was going to ask what bolts to use, suppose it depends which versions you get. But with less amount of thread i presume?

welshpug

IIRC the flat seat versions are meant to be used as spare wheels on cars that have flat seat type alloy wheels, so the bolts wont need changing.

pug_ham

They look mint Sandy, extremely stealth & no different to the majority of 309's you see on the road with standard rims on.:blush:

how much do they weigh minus tyres sandy?
I went up to my friends and took the tyres of this morning. His uber-scales weighed the rims at 4.76kg each. It was just comedy when I lifted it off the tyre machine, bizarrely light!

Graham.

welshpug

doh! thanks graham!

I might look for a set for my zx, offset is perfect, whats caliper clearance like?

Leon C

Sandy are your set the tapered seat ones?

Just need to confirm that my tapered seat alloy set are not the faulty, recalled versions. Just for piece of mind. :)

Reference pic:

wheel.jpg

I agree, they are seriously light. Compared to 1.9 speedlines anyway!

Sandy

I have got the tapered seat ones, they ring like a bell and are dead straight, so no problems so far. They are half the weight of SMR 1.9s! I've got 266mm 206GTi brakes and clearance is very good, I'm sure 283mm would be fine. Which reminds me, the one thing that lets my car down is brakes!

I did some more acceleration runs today (timed with SPA digital speedo, flat dry private road, slightly crappy surface). The best 0-60 I could manage was 5.4s, which is slightly down on the 5.1 I've done a few times before, maybe the surface, but it does seem to break traction more easily now with the new bodies and wheels. 30-70 through gears 4.0s dead, twice. 50-70 in 5th 4.9s! It feels ballastic now.

welshpug

sounds good, are there any particular specs they would be fitted to?

any markings as well?

Sign in to follow this