• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
r.u.sure

205 Gti-6

r.u.sure

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the ICV from any other models will work on the Gti-6 engine.

I have tried one from an XSi but that didn't work.

The reason I want to try a different ICV is due to a bit of a tempramental problem the car's having at the moment, some days I can take it out and it doesn't cut out at all, then next time I take it out everytime I pull up to a junction the revs either drop really low and then jump back up, or it will completely stall.

Other days it will just cut out occasionally. :)

Also where is the cheapest place to get one as Peugeot want stupid money, are there any Gti-6 breakers around ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Dave

welshpug

GSF sell them, dont forget to re-set the ECU after you've fitted it.

Edited by welshpug

r.u.sure
GSF sell them, dont forget to re-set the ECU after you've fitted it.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. ;)

Hmm !! How do you do that then ? :)

Sorry my knowledge for stuff like that is pretty non existent ^_^

welshpug

most modern ECU's do a re-learning process when you disconnect them for longer than 20 mintes.

I'm not 100% but this may work with the ICV, what happened when you tried the XSi valve? did you check the part/serial numbers on them?

r.u.sure

I did check the parts /serial numbers and even though they didn't match I still decided to give it a go anyway :)

It did actually start but when I put my foot on the throttle the car just died, but I hadn't reset the ecu.

I might try it again and reset the ecu. It's got to be worth a try at least.

Will let you know what happens.

Thanks very much for the help.

^_^

Ryan

Google the part number on the ICV, chances are that the same valve is used on other cars. Older vauxhalls and BMWs use Bosch engine managment and sometimes have the odd component in common.

r.u.sure

Ok will give that a go and see what it comes up with.

Thanks very much for that :)

Super Josh

TBH, I know modern ECUs have self learn functionality built in, but I can't imagine them learning the ICV parameters.

I have just checked and it uses the Magneti Marelli 1AP ECU. This uses the ICV (well actually it's a stepper motor on the RFS lump) and also adjusts the ignition timing to maintain the idle speed.

Here is how to test the stepper motor. nbv = Nominal Battery Voltage ie the resting battery voltage around 12 old volts.

MagMarelliISSM.jpg

Josh

r.u.sure

Thanks very much for that, I think things like that are starting to get a bit out of my league to be honest, and I don't have the tools for the job.

Maybe a little stint on a diagnostics machine would be of benefit to me.

Thanks for the help everyone.

pugrallye

Remove and thoroughly clean out throttle body with carb cleaner dont just clean butterfly but also internal bypass channels, that is the cause of your stalling on idle, then perform a battery reset and it should cure it

Edited by pugrallye

r.u.sure
Remove and thoroughly clean out throttle body with carb cleaner dont just clean butterfly but also internal bypass channels, that is the cause of your stalling on idle, then perform a battery reset and it should cure it

Ok Thanks very much for that, will try and get that done soon.

Will let you know if it sorts the problem or not.

Thanks again. :lol:

Dave

Sign in to follow this