• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pete1986

Time For Some Brakes

pete1986

Having recently got my 205 back on the road with an mi lump in it (thanks to taylorspug :) ), my next move is to get some more stopping power. Iv decided that i wanna go for 306 S16 calipers, so i understand i will need 1.9 hubs and driveshafts as mine are 1.6 ones.

A while back i bought some 1.6 GTI brake discs on egay, will these fit the 1.9 hubs? And if i were to get some goodridge brake hoses, should they be for 1.9 or 1.6?

pug_ham
A while back i bought some 1.6 GTI brake discs on egay, will these fit the 1.9 hubs? And if i were to get some goodridge brake hoses, should they be for 1.9 or 1.6?

Discs won't fit due to the different offset & for the goodridge kit,the fronts are pretty much the same but if your car is a 1.6 you will need the 1.6 kits as the hose for the lhs rear brakes has a different fitting for going into the T piece where a 1.9 kit won't fit it.

If you've converted to rear discs but still have the front rear split 1.6 system you will need an extra union to use the 1.9 hose in this place.

Graham.

pete1986

Great, thanks graham :wacko:

Ill get some photos of my 205 up soon, when i next wash and polish it

Sign in to follow this