• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
petesy71

Bilstein Id Question

petesy71

hi, i was wondering if anyone knew what type of bilsteins these were, and was it worthwhile (or possible) to get them refurbed?

shock1xu9.th.jpg

the bushes and rubber gaters are pretty knackered.they dont seem to be leaking, thanks, pete.

welshpug

take them off and clean them, there may be some ID numbers/codes.

they're yellow so they may well be Sprintline items, or PTS items.

email this guy, he deals with Bilstein servicing in the UK david.masters@kruppbilstein.co.uk

Bilstein UK

Unit 3

Swannington Road

Broughton Astley

Leicestershire

LE9 6TU

Day: 01455 283407

Fax: 01455 283301

Edited by welshpug

petesy71

thanks for the info welshpug, i'll get them cleaned tomorrow, cheers pete.

edit- was wondering; whats pts? also, these are a fair bit chunkier than the standard items already on the car, ta.

Edited by petesy71

Jrod

Peugeot Talbot sport.

Actual proper Peugeot sport items which cost a fair bit more and come in either Tarmac or gravel.

petesy71

thanks jrod.

petesy71

hi, i mailed the guy welshpug mentioned and he answered pretty quickly saying that the dampers could be refurbed at £50 plus vat each. i mentioned the number i found stamped on them (41535 500 275) but he didnt tell me what type they were.

i've mailed the guy again but he hasn't answered back, and i'm a bit concerned as one damper is more knackered than the other;

shockbilsteinxn0.th.jpg

since removing it from the beam its stayed in its compressed state and any rotational movement of the piston rod is very rough indeed. are these too fecked to be refurbished? they're quite heavy and i'd hate to pay postage from ni to find out they cant be repaired. any opinions appreciated, pete.

petesy71

after a bit more searching i'm guessing that the stamped on number is the damping rate, making these 306 forest spec (500/275). before i send these off, has anyone any experience of getting shocks this badly seized refurbed or should i just look for new ones, thanks, pete.

Sign in to follow this