• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gtimon

Vauxhall Red Top Into 205 ?

Nathan

That's why a supercharged bike engine is such an interesting beast, 350 bhp is easily achievable (torque around 160-180 lb/ft) and the power delivery is so smooth and linear.

tom_m
I haven't really sampled superchargers, I'd be interested to try it.

you'd still loose the induction hammer tho, its all whine and hiss with a supercharger

aldo56

project idea for someone, twin busa turbo engined 205?

u know u want to! :D

Sandy
you'd still loose the induction hammer tho, its all whine and hiss with a supercharger

Yes, problem.

eeyore

How much does a 350hp 180lbft bike engine cost?

Hilgie

And I've always wondered how to get a bike engine drive the front wheels....or should it be RWD then?

Powers
How much does a 350hp 180lbft bike engine cost?

Its got to be around the £8k mark.

I do like the idea of a bike engined car but IMO they are really only suitable for really light kit cars, a Radical for example.

Also there is the added benefit of a part sequential gear box included as well.

The only attraction of fitting a Hayabusa engine into a 205 came in the form of rallying capacity regulations. A local guy near me had one fitted and I have met and discussed the project with the main fabricator. It was fairly complex and cost over £10k and was competitive in the 1300cc class. Since then the regulations have changed and have prohibited the use of the car for rallying, hence why its up for sale. Which IMO is regrettably not of much use.

I really like the idea of a front engined k20a2 engine into a 205 (Wink wink) and as Sandy has illustrated the benefits over a Peugeot engine are massive. The cost of such a project would cost around £5k including the engine and gearbox. Another benefit with Honda engines is the fact that all modified parts are very resonably priced. For example top quatity uprated pistons and conrods for $900.

Sandy

Are you building one?

Sign in to follow this