• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cas

2.0l Mi16 Tensioners And Cbelt On A 1.9 Mi16

Cas

Do they fit? Just trying to get my new mi ready to drop in after I killed my 2l but the cambelt and tensioners and waterpump on it are brand new does any of it fit on the 1.9?

App the cambelt is a little too long?

Cheers :(

Cas x

Richie-Van-GTi

cambelt is too long, tensioners may be useable depending if both have the offset type.

Alastairh

They're all different part numbers on GSF :lol:

Stop being tight :(

Cas
They're all different part numbers on GSF :lol: Stop being tight :(
Hardly being tight they are £30 each and I need 2! having 3 cars to fix and spent s*it loads on my cars lately I need to save what I can :) Edited by Wallers

B1ack_Mi16
Hardly being tight they are £30 each and I need 2! having 3 cars to fix and spent s*it loads on my cars lately I need to save what I can ;)

I'm sure one of the tensioners will be fine to use, the one at the back of the engine shall be of the same type as the 1.9 m1i6 engine.

The other one is not going to fit, and the belt is too long as said.

Miles

Yep the back tensioner is fine but the front one is a different design and mounting point's, Water pump has a bigger impellar to suit the Iron block, You might get away with the belt but as they cost peanut's it's not worth trying

Sign in to follow this