• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugbliss

1.6 / 1.9 Dizzy

pugbliss

Hi i need another dizzy to run my car but can only source a 1.9 type but the car is a 1,6. would this have big diffrences?

j_turnell

Yes the advance curves are completely different, i take it you have done a forsale thred? i would imagine a 1.6 dizzy would be easy to come buy, ill have one forsale shortly!

Rob_the_Sparky

It will run, how well is another question though due to the ignition curve difference. Not sure if anyone has direct experience of doing this or not. Clearly not ideal but I imagine it will be fine for a temporary measure, e.g. don't pay good money for the wrong type.

pugbliss

j.turnell...how lont till you have one???? and if so is the one with a screw cap? and how much £££ ?????

welshpug

the most ideal thing to do considering the age of the youngest 205 dizzy is to send it off to H&H ignition solutions to be rebuilt to your exact specification, be it cams carbs and exhaust, or completely stock engine and setup, they can optimise them to suit.

pugbliss

if i had that sort of money i would, i posted my question as i need the car back on the road asap and the quickest dizzy i can get is the 1.9 one. I just wondered if and what would happen if i put it on? i understand they have diffrent advance curves but how does it affect running the car???

welshpug

it wont pull as well and will drink more, but it wont affect the engine in any way, I've had a 1.6 dizzy on my engine unbeknown, what a diference it made when I fitted a brand new unit :(

Sign in to follow this