• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

Will A 205 Engine Mount Fit Gti6?

Spiky

need to lower the engine, and been told to use the mi16 i understand that,

but the 205 engine mount, is this the same as mi16????

Spiky

dont worry, i tink i know the answer :unsure:

god damm finding one of these (mi16 mounts) is gonna be a nightmare :wacko:

pee vee

has miles got one spiky?? he seems to have loooads of parts lol

Spiky

i already sent im a pm so will hope e has te bits i neeed

jonnie205

to fit a gti6 engine you need a gti6 mount. no idea if an mi16 one can be used but its seems like more effort and the gti6 alternator setup works well in a 205

Richie-Van-GTi

MI16 can be used and its easier to lower the engine for MC clearance, means you also need the correct alternator and brackets but it is lighter than the gti6 item.

Jonnie, can you get any pictures of how you have set yours up regarding tensioners etc please :D

Spiky

it's ok, i'm going down the mi16 route now and getting rid of gti06 mount,

and i'll be using the 8v 1.9 alternator :D

as i need to clear the 406 MC i have

Spiky
MI16 can be used and its easier to lower the engine for MC clearance, means you also need the correct alternator and brackets but it is lighter than the gti6 item.

Jonnie, can you get any pictures of how you have set yours up regarding tensioners etc please ;)

mi16???? well i have an alloy mi16 engine mount and there is absolutly no chance that is going to fit

are are people talking of the s16 mi16?????

Spiky

Jonnie, can you get any pictures of how you have set yours up regarding tensioners etc please ;)

mi16???? well i have an alloy mi16 engine mount and there is absolutly no chance that is going to fit

are are people talking of the s16 mi16?????

Alastairh

Right. As Martain said in one of your threads putting a S16 mount and 1.9 alloy mount side by side they're is bugger all in it for weight, so people can leave the sean type comments :P

But what i run is (and have done for my brothers old S16) S16 top mount with the arm which also can be had off certain 2.0 8v 306's etc, then you need a Xm alternator mount and alternator from the models that run the second belt and have the power steering high up.

I suggest you go down the scrappy and search for Citroen Xm's as finding that bottom mount is rather rare, or you could do what i think jonnie does and cut down the original 6 Mount, but that weigh's a ton but id say thats a last resort :wub:

If anyone has a citroens parts cd, i'll have a look and try make it clearer, and have a look through my brothers S16 pics in my sig :lol:

Alastair

Edited by Alastairh

ChrisG

Are the mi16 and 8v bottom mounts different?

I have the 16v engine to put in, but no mount so will need to source one if they are different!

welshpug

All XU rear mounts are identical, all bushes are interchangeable but there are some differences in the bush composition.

XU10 top mounts are all the same IIRC too (i.e the bit that bolts to the block is anyway)

Spiky
Are the mi16 and 8v bottom mounts different?

I have the 16v engine to put in, but no mount so will need to source one if they are different!

i have one here i cant use, 25 delivered and it's yours as that what i just paid for it, but you'll still need the bridge section

Spiky
Right. As Martain said in one of your threads putting a S16 mount and 1.9 alloy mount side by side they're is bugger all in it for weight, so people can leave the sean type comments :P

But what i run is (and have done for my brothers old S16) S16 top mount with the arm which also can be had off certain 2.0 8v 306's etc, then you need a Xm alternator mount and alternator from the models that run the second belt and have the power steering high up.

I suggest you go down the scrappy and search for Citroen Xm's as finding that bottom mount is rather rare, or you could do what i think jonnie does and cut down the original 6 Mount, but that weigh's a ton but id say thats a last resort :wub:

If anyone has a citroens parts cd, i'll have a look and try make it clearer, and have a look through my brothers S16 pics in my sig :lol:

Alastair

whether the s16 or 1.9 alloy weith the same or not, the 1.9 alloy will never fit, so why thats brough into the equation i have no idea.

the top bridge section might the same as the xm turbo, the bottom section is far from the same.

how jonnie makes the gti-6 std mount fit, but lower, i have no idea as i dont see how you can do it, AT ALL.

so back to plan A and use the gti-6 mount and not bother to lower the engine, and my maybe just extended the lower rear mount.

i really could not careless of saving weight, especially 1 gram or any thing, so i dont care which mount, i just want the right mount

welshpug
whether the s16 or 1.9 alloy weith the same or not, the 1.9 alloy will never fit, so why thats brough into the equation i have no idea.

the top bridge section might the same as the xm turbo, the bottom section is far from the same.

yes but does it fit???

ChrisG
i have one here i cant use, 25 delivered and it's yours as that what i just paid for it, but you'll still need the bridge section

Cheers but if they are all the same I don't need one, thanks anyhoo :)

Spiky
Cheers but if they are all the same I don't need one, thanks anyhoo :)

i think you mis under stood,

the 1.9 8v and mi16 are different, and the gti-6 is different again

i have a spare mi16 mount that bolts on the engine,

again here if you need it

Sign in to follow this