• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Invertors?

Richie-Van-GTi

If I wanted to power a laptop from the cars power supply would it just be a caes of having an invertor I could plug the normal power supply into?

DaveK

yeah you mean the 12v to 230v thing? should be fine, my dad does it alot

Super Josh
If I wanted to power a laptop from the cars power supply would it just be a caes of having an invertor I could plug the normal power supply into?

You can use one of those, although they are quite cumbersome and very inefficient. Some don't produce a sine wave output, so can be bad for your laptop PSU. I use one of these, cheaper than an inverter too :unsure:

Josh

foreigner
You can use one of those, although they are quite cumbersome and very inefficient. Some don't produce a sine wave output, so can be bad for your laptop PSU. I use one of these, cheaper than an inverter too :unsure:

Josh

I am using similar as I am writing this reply in my car hooked on someone else wifi network, running the power supply of jump start box but only because my armada m300 is penium 2 300 mhz using about 30w of power. If you have later laptop they tend to use about 100w so this will not be enough.

I would get a invertor from maplin for £15 it's rated 150W check the wattage on ur laptop. You'll find plenty of use for that , trust me it's good investment.

Edited by foreigner

jeremy

I use a plug invertor in the wifes car to charge the childrens Nintendo DS and the camera batteries in her Kia. I tried to use it for a playstation in the same car however it produce and audio distortion sound, however when plugged in my 205 I had no problems. I paid £25 for a 150W ring one from Motorworld.

Sign in to follow this