• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuRALLYE

Gti-6 Inlet Manifold Onto A Mi?

stuRALLYE

hello everyone, is it benifical to fit an inlet manifold from a gti-6 to the mi16 engine? i thought i had read somewhere that it was. if this is the case, is there much involved or will it be a straight swap over?

also would the mi ecu need remapping to deal with the gti-6 inlet?

thanks for any help, stu

Miles

Yes the inlet bolt's onto the engine, Problem is the T/B spindle would need modding to take the Mi TPS, A hole drilled into the inlet for the vacume take off too and your oil filler moved,

The ECU would need adjusting, But I'm not sure if the Motronic can be re-maped and the cost of doing it makes it a non starter, I'd be more temped to find a good S/H DTA, Omex, Emerald etc

stuRALLYE

ok thanks, that solves that one for me. a mate is breaking his gti-6 and he said he has seen a couple of mi's with the gti-6 inlet, but it seems more complicated than its worth

205toby

Sorry,

I don't understand?

Why would the ECU need adjusting if you used the original Mi16 throttle body? When you say this manifold bolts to the Mi motor, is this the 1.9l alloy motor?

Cheers

Toby

Swazy
Sorry,

I don't understand?

Why would the ECU need adjusting if you used the original Mi16 throttle body? When you say this manifold bolts to the Mi motor, is this the 1.9l alloy motor?

Cheers

Toby

Take a look how i have done it :)

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6152/0000106jf8.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7017/0000107ze8.jpg

Edited by cybernck
posting HUGE pics!

205toby

Looks good! Did this mod make any difference performance wise?

Cheers

Toby

Swazy
Looks good! Did this mod make any difference performance wise?

Cheers

Toby

Can´t tell you yet if this will make any difference between standard setup and using gti6 inlet, cause my engine won´t start

205toby
Can´t tell you yet if this will make any difference between standard setup and using gti6 inlet, cause my engine won´t start

Thats a shame..

Anyone else done this mod? I searched but couldn't really find anything.. Would like to know if there are any gains to be had and how much?

Cheers,

Toby

5150maxie

whats the 2 black plastic bits under the manifold in the middle?

pip470

Sorry to but in, Are the ports the same shape on the mi16 and gti6 then. If this is the case then mbailey who replyed to my wanted post has been very helpful. Am after an inlet manifold to fit the xu7j4p which i belive is the same shape as the gti-6. Can some one clear this up for me please.

whizzer71
Sorry to but in, Are the ports the same shape on the mi16 and gti6 then. If this is the case then mbailey who replyed to my wanted post has been very helpful. Am after an inlet manifold to fit the xu7j4p which i belive is the same shape as the gti-6. Can some one clear this up for me please.

Yep that'll fit straight on m8,but you might have to match the ports .

:)

pip470

Cheers once again whizzer

monty69

I found the locating dowels to be in different position on 6 engine. Cant see any power gains from fitting a 6 manifold, the mi one is a good un. Get carbs!

205toby
I found the locating dowels to be in different position on 6 engine. Cant see any power gains from fitting a 6 manifold, the mi one is a good un. Get carbs!

I figured as much.. It just seems like everyone always talks about this mod but no-one ever really does it. Surely ITB's would be a better option than cars? I mean I love webers (On my 25 y.o Renault 15) but on a modern engine.. Fuel injection DEFINATLEY has major advantages..

Toby

BackStreetRacecars

The manifold should work i've seen it done before, you'll need to make a boss at the map sensor to plumb in the sad unit?? am i thinking about the right thing aye?? :unsure:

monty69
I figured as much.. It just seems like everyone always talks about this mod but no-one ever really does it. Surely ITB's would be a better option than cars? I mean I love webers (On my 25 y.o Renault 15) but on a modern engine.. Fuel injection DEFINATLEY has major advantages..

Toby

id never go back now ive got webers, id buy 2nd hand later pair 45s and the speedpro book by des hamill- how to build power tune weber/delorto and get playin. They are so simple and easy to change jets. My mi got 30miles outa 10quid when i bought it, i since rebuilt them, fitted ram pipes bigger chokes and main jets and now get over 50 miles bootin it on every straight! Bought a 2nd pair for 20quid other week, lent them to a friend till he gets supercharger then il pm if you intrested

Sign in to follow this