• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Car Pulls To The Right

M_R_205

when im driving along at a stedy speed the car goes foward fine, and stays like that, as soon as i tickle the throttle it pulls quite harshly to the right, and does so till i let off when it straightnens up :S now when i stick the brakes on it hands off the wheel it stops straight as a die...

at first i thought it was the tracking but after haing seccond thoughts could a dodgy diff to be to blame??

any comments appriciated

thankls

Paul.

DaveK

Check the lower ball joints on the wishbones and the wishbone bushes. I had exactly the same thing (pulling to left tho) and it was the ball joint

Richie-Van-GTi

I vote wishbone bushes. Balljoints tend to show under braking as well.

M_R_205

stupid me never even thought of them lol, perfect excuse to fit some polly bushes too

thanks for the help guys :unsure:

Rob_the_Sparky

Also check the track rod ends for play. I had the same problem and turned out that one of the track rod ends shifted if enough force was applied. Just enough so that it seemed fine to a normal wiggle but apply enough force and it moved, not much either but enough to make it hairy to drive.

Rob

reg

Hello sorry to hijack the post but i'm getting the same problem, only a lot worse. Turns out that i have no bolts holding in the wishbone on the drivers side. In turn the anti roll bar is disconnected.

Does anyone know where i can get the bolts from, can't seem to find anything on wishbones on Autofive or German, Swedish and French?

Thanks

kate205gti

theyre not a lot from peugeot :blink: theres a nice parts man in st albans or i get all my 205 bits from waters in stevenage so they'll know what bit u mean :D

Edited by kate205gti

skeggyrik

As already said most likely wishbone bushes. I had the same issue, sorted with a different wishbone (quick and easy fix), the bush in the old one could be "waggled" around by hand.

This is from an old post, I kept it for fututre reference.

Part No: 3599 07 bolts & bushes for both wishbones for £15 + vat.

As for

"Turns out that i have no bolts holding in the wishbone on the drivers side"

I presume you are not driving it like that??? :blink:

reg

Ok thanks kate205gti and skeggyrik.

"I presume you are not driving it like that??? "

Only when i have to and i'm very very slow and careful, but i can get it sorted now ta.

GLPoomobile
Hello sorry to hijack the post but i'm getting the same problem, only a lot worse. Turns out that i have no bolts holding in the wishbone on the drivers side. In turn the anti roll bar is disconnected.

Jesus Christ! :blink: How long were you driving around with it like that for?

Also, just a timely reminder that whenever you replace a wishbone or make similar alterations, you need to get the tracking checked and re-done if necessary. It's simple enough to swap a wishbone but you really need to do get this done ASAP afterwards.

M_R_205

i had a good rummage round under the car last night and the ball joints seem fine but the passenger side wishbone has quite a bit of movment on it im guessing as its stuck in the gutter hitting drains all the time, so im gona stick on my set of polly bushes and droplinks (should hopefullly solve the rattle i have too lol) fingers crossed that will sort it :blink:

Paul

skeggyrik

Polybushes aren't all that so I've heard. I'm staying with standard items.

Do a search on them and then make your mind up. The jist is that they are more expensive, don't last very long and are no better than pug ones once fitted.

After that it's up to you.....

M_R_205

Do a search on them and then make your mind up. The jist is that they are more expensive, don't last very long and are no better than pug ones once fitted.

After that it's up to you.....

i read that in a post not long ago, the only thing is i have a set of polly ones in the garage spare so i may aswell fit them and see, if they dont cure the problem or wear out quickly il go back to pug ones i think...

Rob_the_Sparky
Jesus Christ! :D How long were you driving around with it like that for?

Also, just a timely reminder that whenever you replace a wishbone or make similar alterations, you need to get the tracking checked and re-done if necessary. It's simple enough to swap a wishbone but you really need to do get this done ASAP afterwards.

Actually best to do it a couple of days afterwards as the wishbone will move and settle quite a bit in the first few miles.

GLPoomobile
Actually best to do it a couple of days afterwards as the wishbone will move and settle quite a bit in the first few miles.

Thanks Rob. That's a good point and one that I've neither thought of previously or heard mentioned by anyone else. Having said that, I'd have to drive a few miles to get to somewhere to do my tracking anyway, but if you live across the road from somewhere that'll do it then that's a different matter.

TEKNOPUG

Also remember that the car needs to be back on it's wheels with the suspension under compression form the weigh of the car before tighenting the wishbones. You really need an inspection pit to do it properly. You can get away with using a jack to put the suspension under compression though.

Peetypug
Also remember that the car needs to be back on it's wheels with the suspension under compression form the weigh of the car before tighenting the wishbones. You really need an inspection pit to do it properly. You can get away with using a jack to put the suspension under compression though.

i never knew this :D

i've always just tightened everything as i went along, but now i do i will do everything correctly while im rebuilding my car

maybe it will last longer than my others :D

Anthony

I think that it must be a particular brand or something people are doing to them, or perhaps I've just been lucky - I've had the polybushes that Rally Design sell (the yellow ones, not the "race" red ones) on my car for the past 25000+ miles and they're still going strong, and that's despite numerous trackdays and other hard use :D

skeggyrik

:( note to self don't believe everything you read on a forum!

I think it was either Dino or Maxi that had issues with them failing early, I can't be bothered to search where I read it. I thougth there was general agreement. :D

So go for life fit them, 25,000 miles sounds good to me. They are several times the price of standard ones mind you but as said you already have some sitting around.

Have "fun" getting the old ones out :D

I'm not replacing perfectly good bushes in my new wishbones, that would just be silly. :D

jackherer
I thougth there was general agreement. :D

There is no such thing as general agreement on a forum, its easy to get into that mindset but it doesn't exist. 'Flavour of the Month' is about the best you'll get.

Anthony
I'm not replacing perfectly good bushes in my new wishbones, that would just be silly. :D

If they're pattern wishbones then chances are you'll be replacing them in the not too distant future anyhow... :D

Bonzai

turns out the front bush on my pattern wishbone lasted less than 6 months, brilliant :D will be getting some poly race i think

M_R_205

Good news, i fitted the bushes to the wishbones and it took ALL DAY!! well almost, i gave up about 5 with the car still on axle stands, today im droping the subframe and doing the arb bushes, then new track rod ends and drop links then it all goes back together,

if it still rattles and clunks over bums im going to drive the damn thing off a cliff!!! or cry?? or both

oh yea the bushes i have are yellow ones so hopefully good u`ns :unsure:

Wish me luck :wacko:

ps should i grease the arb bushes or wishbone bushes??

Edited by M_R_205

welshpug

no grease, fairy liquid.

Rob_the_Sparky
There is no such thing as general agreement on a forum, its easy to get into that mindset but it doesn't exist. 'Flavour of the Month' is about the best you'll get.

:D Made me giggle but generally accurate. Take everything on a forum with a pinch of salt. Absorb as many opinions as possible then try to make an informed decision. Just because a lot of people say the same thing doesn't mean they are right and vica versa!

Sign in to follow this