• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Prepared My Loom But Unsure On A Few Wires

Richie-Van-GTi

Ive made the loom up ready with the help of chris (cheers mate), I now need to know what ahppens with all the extra sender wires, do they have live feeds etc.

heres a list of ones Im unsure about. (all xu10j4r)

ECU temp sender. (pin 2 to ecu, unsure on pin 1)

Coolant temp sender. (pin1 to gauges, unsure on pin 2)

Air intake temp sender. (pin 1 to ecu, unsure on pin 2)

Crank Pos sensor. (need to know all of these please)

Also for twin fire on injectors is it 1 + 2 together then 3 + 4 together? (I get them as pin 1 is the common live on all of them)

Also does anyone know the ID of the map sensor tubing on the MS so I can get some ordred in advance of the MS arriving :)

Heres a pic of the install so far :)

normal_22072007250.jpg

madspikes

Also for twin fire on injectors is it 1 + 2 together then 3 + 4 together? (I get them as pin 1 is the common live on all of them)

I'm not sure what your calling the "ECU temp sender", normally with sensors you have one wire going to the ECU and the other to ground.

If your using a pug crank sensor see the tail end of this thread: Forum Link

As for the injectors; as standard they all fire at the same time, which is how my MS is set up, i.e batch mode. With the system in batch mode it doesnt matter which are connected together. I connected, 1&3 and 2&4 together for some unknown reason, but I'd guess 1&4 and 2&3 might be a better way of doing it, encase you lose one injector driver.

As for the tubing, I'm not sure I'll try and measure mine later. I just bought some washer tube from halfords, its been fine.

Mad.

Edited by madspikes

Guest larson

Hi Richie,

There is no polarity on 2 pin temperature senders.

You can connect any of two pins to MS as signal, the second should go to ground.

Preferably you ground sensors on MS (any pins 7-19).

So for example you can connect coolant temp sender (CLT) like this:

CLT pin 1 - MS pin 21 -> signal

CLT pin 2 - MS pin 18 -> ground

What do you mean by saying ECU temp sender? There two temp senders, intake air (MAT/IAT) temp sender and coolant temp sender (CLT), connected to MS pins 20 and 21 respectively.

2. Injectors. People say it's best to follow firing order when connecting injectors, so in our case it is 1&4 and 2&3.

There is no polarity on injectors also, but in this case you need to supply switched +12v from main relay to one pin and connect another to MS (MS will ground this when it is time for injector to squirt).

3. As for MAP sensor tubing it is 6/4 (6 mm external, 4 mm internal).

I'm still trying to make my car idle properly, it seams like running on 2-3 cylinders currently (cylinder 2 and 4 are in trouble :) ).

However all the sensors look to work correctly, RPM is reading. So there should be no errors made to wiring.

Ive made the loom up ready with the help of chris (cheers mate), I now need to know what ahppens with all the extra sender wires, do they have live feeds etc.

heres a list of ones Im unsure about. (all xu10j4r)

Also does anyone know the ID of the map sensor tubing on the MS so I can get some ordred in advance of the MS arriving :(

Heres a pic of the install so far :)

normal_22072007250.jpg

Richie-Van-GTi

thanks for replies, by ecu temp sender I mean the coolant sensor for the ecu rather than the coolant sensor for the guages.

madspikes

mine was running on two cylinders for a while, turned out I had the plug leads on wrong. I think there now on, starting to top right, 1,3,2,4 (I think). Swapped leads now running fine.

Mad.

snillet
mine was running on two cylinders for a while, turned out I had the plug leads on wrong. I think there now on, starting to top right, 1,3,2,4 (I think). Swapped leads now running fine.

Mad.

Must be 1-3-4-2.

Guest larson

Sorry I cann't get it :rolleyes: Unless I count cylinders the wrong way.

I count cylinders from the side of flywheel, so looking into engine bay from the front it would be 4-3-2-1. Is it right?

Since I use wasted spark coil pack it should fire in pairs, 1&4 and 2&3, that's how I connected leads on the coil pack.

The first pair 1&4 is triggered by ignition output A, the second 2&3 by ignition output B.

Wheel decoder settings are: Trig pos A = 10, trig pos B=40. Can anyone confirm it is right?

It seems that 2 and 4 are not getting spark but will check that today again.

Thanks for replies.

cybernck

yes, cylinders are counted from the flywheel end, so 4-3-2-1 when you take a look

at the engine from the front. for wasted spark ignition, i would also put 1&4 and 2&3

together - that makes sense as 1-3-4-2 is the firing order for any 4 cylinder engine :ph34r:.

Guest larson
yes, cylinders are counted from the flywheel end, so 4-3-2-1 when you take a look

at the engine from the front. for wasted spark ignition, i would also put 1&4 and 2&3

together - that makes sense as 1-3-4-2 is the firing order for any 4 cylinder engine :lol:.

After changing fuel injectors to original ones everything looks fine for now.

All 4 cylinders are working, idling high but at least stable :) Hooray.

Thanks a lot for replies!

Richie-Van-GTi, sorry for hijack of the the thread. :ph34r:

Richie-Van-GTi

haha, no worries about hijack, it all helps having it in one thread anyway :ph34r:

Ive got my coil pack wired the same but the injectors are wired 1,2 and 3,4 as thats how MS say to wire them.

Guest larson
haha, no worries about hijack, it all helps having it in one thread anyway :lol:

Ive got my coil pack wired the same but the injectors are wired 1,2 and 3,4 as thats how MS say to wire them.

Ok, thanks :ph34r:

I've just read couple of topics on MS forum about wiring of injectors and setting injection staging.

Would like to share these sources with all you installing MS. Hope it would help someone.

Good thread on MS forum about pairing of injectors.

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=25300&highlight=

And here you can find discussion on the number of squirts and injection staging (alternating or simultaneous):

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=24981&highlight=

4 squirts/Alternating works best for me so far. I think it is important how to wire injectors if you use alternating (1&4 and 2&3).

In case of simultaneous staging all of them fire together, so there is no difference in the order.

Richie-Van-GTi

Im intending on 2 squirts alternating, trying to steer clear of one squirt as it ruins fuel economy.

Sign in to follow this