• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pee vee

How Have You Done Yours?

pee vee

well, ive taken the AFM off the original mi16 airbox.. and it Still seems there is no way of getting it in the engine bay,

let alone have a filter on it too..

so how have you done yours?? anyone got a picture??

thanks!!

(ps: have searched. but not really found anything )

Gtiracer

Normal practice is people squeeze it in between the the back of the headlight and the battery. When i find a pic ill post it up

Gtiracer

here you go, heres mine

Picture014.jpg

jackherer
here you go, heres mine

Picture014.jpg

Thats a 405 Mi16 hose, if you have a BX 16v engine that hose is a bit longer so you have to relocate the washer bottle.

205toby

Well I had this same problem and didn't want to do it like that.

So I relocated my battery to the boot and made it fit that way. As soon as I have enough posts to upload pictures I'll show you how I did it.

Cheers,

Toby

jim205GTI

i had a bx hose, so i cut it down and used some sealnt on it inside and out. Also had to trim down the top hat adaptor but all works fine squeezed in behind the headlight :P:blush:

Ryan

Just to be awkward I copied the 309 GTI16 setup...

post-5273-1184837801_thumb.jpg

The AFM needs to do turned on it's side to get the battery in though.

ChrisG
Just to be awkward I copied the 309 GTI16 setup...

post-5273-1184837801_thumb.jpg

The AFM needs to do turned on it's side to get the battery in though.

Excellent! I like your style!

petert

Here's one I did a few years ago, also 309 16V

post-2864-1184845493_thumb.jpg

Gtiracer
Thats a 405 Mi16 hose, if you have a BX 16v engine that hose is a bit longer so you have to relocate the washer bottle.

It is from a BX gti buddy, have a look thru akroblade954's old post's thats who i bought the car from, even have the donor cars log book slip in my file for the car so it almost definately did, maybe somethings been messed about with i dunno?

Baz
It is from a BX gti buddy, have a look thru akroblade954's old post's thats who i bought the car from, even have the donor cars log book slip in my file for the car so it almost definately did, maybe somethings been messed about with i dunno?

The engine may well be from a Bx, but your hose coming from the throttle body to the AFM is definitely a 405 one rather than a bx one Alex, that's what Kieran meant. :)

The Bx one is longer and doesn't really have any give/flex in it like the 405 ones.

jackherer
The engine may well be from a Bx, but your hose coming from the throttle body to the AFM is definitely a 405 one rather than a bx one Alex, that's what Kieran meant. ;)

The Bx one is longer and doesn't really have any give/flex in it like the 405 ones.

Exactly. :)

The loom and throttle cable attachment are clearly from a BX so I agree it is most likely a BX lump but you've definitely ended up with a 405 hose at some point, by the sound of it while the engine was still in the Citroen, I'm not sure how well it would have fitted the standard air filter but maybe they used an induction kit.

rjw205

Phil,

It all looked as though it could go in front of the battery on the weekend. Alternatively, unbolt the afm, filter and inlet and thrown it away, and get some proper stuff nailed on instead!

As a slight aside, is there a way of modifying (butchering) the smaller 205 one to work with the 405 loom's plug?

Rich

Matt Holley

Heres mine with the bx intake ;)

205mi16engine011.jpg

I went and got a 405 one and its just fits

205mi16engine020.jpg

All a distant memory now though

stux

BX shortened hose, battery inside

kopiadsc08696nu2.th.jpg

Edd-XS

My Set-up, works alrite :) even in the rain lol