• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

205 Front Wiper Arms

GLPoomobile

A few weeks ago I posted that I noticed my new 205 had strange wiper arms on it. I only noticed on the motorway when in heavy rain I realised they were sweeping off the edge of the screen.

I just thought some numpty must have fitted 309 arms, but I've just fished a spare pair out of my parts bin and they look the same.

I've looked back at some pictures I took at Castle Combe action day and both my old 205 and Superjosh's 205 have nice flat looking arms, were as the set I have here, the ones on my current 205, and the ones on my old old old 205 (now owned by Kate at Talk Torque) are all of this stupid wonky design.

One design is more or less straight if viewed from above, but has a shallow bend about 5 inches from the end, and another shallow bend an inch from the end if viewed from the side.

The other design (which I prefer) has an S shaped curve an inch from the end if viewed from above but is straight if viewed from the side.

Anyone else noticed this before? Did Pug change the design or are there a lot of people with the wrong arms fitted, and if so which are right and which are wrong? :)

Miles

Your right there are 2 types that I know off, I;ve got the early type on my CTI not that they ever get used

welshpug

which edge are they going off?

if its the side of the screen then thats just a case of ajusting the linkage or the position of the wiper arm on the spindle.

GLPoomobile
which edge are they going off?

if its the side of the screen then thats just a case of ajusting the linkage or the position of the wiper arm on the spindle.

It's the drivers side. On the way up to Edinburgh on Fri night/sat morning the bloody thing swept over and got stuck hanging off the side of the screen. I adjusted it on the spindle so that in the parked position it was as low as possible, but still sweeps to far.

As far as I know you can't adjust the linkage, so I can only assume that someone has buggered around with it and maybe replaced one of the linkage arms with one that is too long or something.

I'll have a look eventually.

P.S. I drove 450 miles in the rain and hardly used my wipers except for the odd single swipe when really needed. It's amazing how dependent we think we are when in reality it's not that difficult to see through a rain spattered windscreen :)

zowow

Mine are POO :)

One keeps falling off and i'm too much of a tightarse to buy a new one

GLPoomobile
Mine are POO :)

One keeps falling off and i'm too much of a tightarse to buy a new one

You're not having much luck with your 205 either, are you? :)

Sign in to follow this