• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stutto

Sunroof Drains

stutto

I've done a search so I know where they run to but I partially dismantled the sunroof and could not see where they run from. Can someone tell me, I relaise it will probably seem obvious.

Thanks,

Chris.

GLPoomobile

As far as I'm aware there is a drain hole at either side. When you slide the sunroof back, look from above and in the channel there is a small hole at each front corner. It really should be quite obvious if it's there.

Unless of course you don't have a standard factory vacuum sunroof, and some aftermarket jobbie instead.

stutto

My sunroof has a fixed handle, I am pretty sure that there is no vacuum involved.

Does this mean that it is aftermarket? I had never really considered it before.

Paintguy

Does your sunroof slide back, or is it a pop-up one?

Any chance of a picture of it? Might help us to help you :(

trogboy

In my aftermarket sunroof the drains run into the rubber trim that covers the gap between the sunroof and the head lining!

When I get a little bit of crap under the glass which stops the seal from working properly it collects at least a pint before sloshing out when travelling round bends. I made the mistake of pulling the corner of the rubber trim down to check where the water was coming from - it looked like I'd pissed myself.

stutto

My sunroof is a slider, when it feels like it.

I'll try to get a photo tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this