• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Annoying Problem Wiring Manual Fan Switch

johnnyboy666

right ive just been wiring in a manual rad fan switch on my roland garros, with a little help from a post on here from ages ago, but instead of splicing the wires into the existing wires that go into the multiplug, i found there was already a set of wires coming out of the same place with a multiplug just hanging and doing nothing. so, i tested these with a bit of wire and all was good, so i chopped off the multiplug, stuck on some bullet connectors and ran the wires up to the dash. at this point checked everything was still fine by touching the wires, and it was still ok. i then realised i needed to get some spade connectors for the switch i had so nipped up to halfords, and one empty pocket later, i had the connectors which i fitted in the car park and gave it another test and it was still good, so i get home, drill the hole for the switch and hey presto nothing f***ing works, typical, ive checked the fuses, the wiring, the switch and it was all fine, so i went to the multiplug to test it with a peice of wire and nothing! what have i done?? the only thin i can think of is i mightve accidentally grounded one of the wires somehow, would this bugger anything up?

any help would be appreciated

johnny

Rob_the_Sparky

I can only guess you have a broken wire somewhere if the fuses are OK, IIRC the fuse is in the black plastic case on the slam panel.

Rob

johnnyboy666

ahh that makes more sense , i only checked the fuses in the glove box (duh) i'll go and check that out in a bit cheers :(

Sign in to follow this