• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ant

2.0 Turbo Speedo Connection / Rev Connection

Ant

Yet another turbo question, but one a slightly bit different. I was going to buy the parts needs to make the rev counter work, but decided this weekend to have a quick look at the existing 605 clocks / rev meter.

In the end I ended up pulling apart the 605 clocks and a spare set of 205 clocks. The result was

605 speedo ( electric not cable ) fits perfectly into the 205 speedo interface literally just bolts in the same place

605 rev meter just needs a fw mm filing off the mounting lugs, and that should also fit nicely.

Do now its back to the dreaded wiring

From following back the 605 spedo wiring, It seems that 1 wire goes to a diaode and then I presume to the speed sensor. I dont have the loom, but remember 1 wire from the speed sensor leading to the dash

The other 2, I think goto a Ve and +ve but cant be sure

On the rev meter, ther are 4 connections. Two are the green and red wires from the insulated cable. Again i presume the other 2 go to a -ve / +ve connection.

Can anyone confirm the spare wires ie 2 on the speedo , 2 on Rev meter ?

Cheers

Richie-Van-GTi

speedo is + and - yes.

dont know about tacho though.

pug_ham
Yet another turbo question, but one a slightly bit different. I was going to buy the parts needs to make the rev counter work, but decided this weekend to have a quick look at the existing 605 clocks / rev meter.

On the rev meter, ther are 4 connections. Two are the green and red wires from the insulated cable. Again i presume the other 2 go to a -ve / +ve connection.

Can anyone confirm the spare wires ie 2 on the speedo , 2 on Rev meter ?

Don't know about the speedo but the rev counter conversion is all detailed in this topic.

Graham.

Super Josh

That's handy to know that the 605 speedo fit straight into the 205 housing, seems a few of us want to perform this conversion. Does the 605 speedo overlay and needle match the 205 ones? Or did you also swap these over?

Josh

Ant
That's handy to know that the 605 speedo fit straight into the 205 housing, seems a few of us want to perform this conversion. Does the 605 speedo overlay and needle match the 205 ones? Or did you also swap these over?

Josh

Cheers for the replies

The 605 needle is a bit long, so would need to be trimmed. 8v needle wont fit, as the end connection is different

Think ive sussed the wiring, so will test tomorrow :rolleyes:

Super Josh

Keep us updated Ant :blush:

Josh

Miles

I think the speedo goes thru some interface box from memory, as I know the 406 has this

sonofsam

It does yes.

1620 vehicle speed sensor

1625 vehicle speed interface module

605 maybe different though?!

tom_m

cracking job, ant. good to know! keep up the good work :)

Sign in to follow this