• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
phil05

Mi16 Or 2.0 Turbo

phil05

I want to change my engine out of my 205 but im not sure which one to go for, the Mi16 or a 2.0 Turbo.

What would anyones apinion be on the engine change such as the mantenance of the engines, which is easier to fit, which is more fun to drive and just any other advise on which would be better

Cheers :)

Anthony

Mi16 everytime out of the two (but I'd say S16 or GTi6 if they're an option) as I find standard 2.0 Turbo's dull and completely out of sorts with the 205 GTi ethos, but maybe that's just me as I freely admit to prefering revvy engines over lazy sluggers.

sonofsam

I think you need to drive/passenger ride both, then you can form your own

opinions :(

As what you'll most likely get on here is poeple who own Mi v's turbo saying fit each respectively

I freely admit to not really caring for valvers, thats why I choose the Turbo route.

Turbo @ 1bar is not dull, even in standard form it pulls like Casanova on a bad night ;):o

More modern management, rock solid idle, very reliable, more Torque, minimal lag , more fun, easy & cheap

power upgrades, You can tell im biased !(see above)

(Im sure someone will reply with a granted explanaition of why you should fit a valver also)

All subjective though as different poeple get there kicks from different things :D

I have no idea what this 205 ethos is?! but \I know I love driving my car and not really fussed

about 'in' keeping that goes on, on here B) I guess if you fit a TT then that IS in keeping :)

Im in Hampshire, so if you want to come over and sample a 2.0L turbo you're more than welcome

(it will be going in for paintjob soon though)

Sam.

Dj_mini

My mi track car will be completed soon with any luck so your more than welcombe to have a run out in that to help you decide. (im only in shaftesbury)

Cheers Dan

welshpug

turbo Mi!

Jesper Cronelid

I would say 2.0T, if youre up to the electrical headscratching.

Mi16 is more common than original 205s here in Sweden :)

TEKNOPUG

Totally different animals - need to drive them both.

Miles

GTi6 engine, Best of both worlds really and most are reasonable money too

bales

Turbo!!! without a doubt!

I have no idea how people can they say they are dull as mine certainly isn't they just feel sooooo quick cos of all the torque and the pops bangs whistles flames and chatter completely outweighs any noises a mi16 would make in my eyes!

Gtiracer

best of both worlds would be an Mi16 turbo surely! :)

TEKNOPUG

Do you want to go fast or have the sensation of going fast?

Baz
Do you want to go fast or have the sensation of going fast?

You can't get one without the other IMO!! :)

TEKNOPUG

Low ratio box and high revs gives the sensation of going fast even when you aren't......long box and low revs can be the opposite when you have a lot of torque to play with....

Edited by TEKNOPUG

Henry Yorke
Low ratio box and high revs gives the sensation of going fast even when you aren't......long box and low revs can be the opposite when you have a lot of torque to play with....

Very good comment Andrew! I have been asked to slow down when an Mi16 owner was following me a it is just too damn noisy for them when cruising at 85mph!

They are both different beasts, but a turbo with a short box on is just silly!

All depends how many miles you do and what your driving style is

the GTI6 engine is the best normally aspirated one though and is pretty powerful out of the box

Sign in to follow this