• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mikey S

406 V6 Coupe Crank

Mikey S

i have at work at the minute an 2001 406 coupe v6 with a balls'd crank. it needs a regrind but oversize bearings are not available for it apparently. the machine shop have had no luck in locating any and pug are frankly useless. :lol:

can anyone confirm whether the crank in the newer 211 bhp v6 xfx engine is the same as the earlier v6 crank?

does anyone know where i maybe able to source one, got a gut feeling pug maybe a tad expensive :)

failing that does anyone have a complete xfx lump for sale?

any help mucho appreciated :D

mike

welshpug

Try

South Wales Piston Services Ltd

Unit C9 Springmeadow Business Park

Springmeadow Road

Rumney

Cardiff

CF3 2ES

Gwent

Tel: 029 2077 9979

Fax: 029 20779989

a mate has just had a skyline rebored by them and it was a top job, they did have XU10 big ends on the shelf when no other bugger could find them in their catalogue :)

another way to do it is to measure what size the bearings need to be and see if theres anything else out there you could use bearings out of, I wouldnt be surprised if bearings form the renault V6 and the nissan V6 fit...

Grim.Badger

Renault also used this engine so it may be worth checking for parts for them as well.

Hilgie

Renault uses the same engine...Nissan does not. And Renault is starting to use the Nissan unit in their recent cars.

The 211bhp unit has the same crank to you might want to use that. As far as I know there are no oversize bearings available for this engine.

welshpug
Renault uses the same engine...Nissan does not. And Renault is starting to use the Nissan unit in their recent cars.

aaah DOH! thats where I got confused, that and theres been (at least) 3 different PSA V6's in the past ;)

Mikey S

spoke to my local renault dealer and there saying the same thing. there are none available. :D

just to confirm hilgie, the early 194 bhp crank is the same as the later 211bhp one?

cheers,

mike ;)

Hilgie

I don't have them at hand, but I am fairly sure they can be interchanged although they have different partnumbers:

0501 H3 ES9J4 (194bhp)

0501 J2 ES9J4S (211bhp)

Sign in to follow this