• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Green Induction Kit On A 1.9 Mi

GLPoomobile

1 - Does anyone know if the Green induction kits come with the 'top hat adapter'? The stubby one that is much shorter than those supplied with K&N kits.

2 - Should I buy a kit for an Mi16, or just a standard GTi one?

welshpug

you'll need an Mi16 kit as the AFM bolts to the airbox rather than a hose IIRC and needs that adapter, which comes in the Mi16 kit (been a while since I saw a 1.9, and K&N and green dont do a 2.0 Kit)

here's the fitting instructions - http://www.greenfilters.com/index/GREFitInst.asp?PartNo=P10

bargain at £52.45 or £68.94 for the twin cone filter.

pug_ham

AFAIK All green induction kits come with the tophat reducers (unlike K&N) so really either the 8v kit or the 1.9 Mi one will be OK.

Graham.

GLPoomobile

Cheers chaps

GLPoomobile

So, theoretically, the Mi16 kit DOES come with the top hat adapter, because the original set up has the airbox bolted directly to the AFM. And the GTI kit isn't supposed to come (but might do) with the adapter, because on a GTI the original trunking already connects to a suitable adapter that can be re-used.

So I'll buy an Mi16 kit then :blush:

Miles

I allways get the following

Filter; K1270, Demon Tweeks Ref; GREK12.70

Top Hat; ZREBR01V, 15003

Sign in to follow this