• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
silent_running

Oil Surge / Baffling Sump - Help!

silent_running

Need some quick advice on this. I've noticed very obvious oil surge problems on hard cornering in an '89 1.6 GTi. Not having worked on the oil system a great deal yet, it seems that it's either down to the sump having no baffling and it needs fixing, or the oil pressure sender's somewhere really pointless and I needn't worry every time I take a hard 90 degree turn and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree. I suspect the former rather than the latter. Where IS the oil pressure sender by the way? And is there one for the low pressure light and a separate sender for the oil pressure gauge? I guess what I'm really getting at is whether when the light comes on it's the pump sucking air and I've got a very brief grace period to straighten up, or somewhere even more crucial has just run dry? :unsure:

But the big question is, can anyone recommend somewhere that will do a decently baffled sump on exchange? Or a kit that can be just welded in without any problems? Cheers!

brianthemagical

try a search, you'll get pics and everything. whats the oil level like?

Sign in to follow this