• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Good Or Bad Day Havent Decided Yet...

M_R_205

Today my shiny new manifold from shenpar arrived, pretty good was a little expensive at ironically 205quid it didnt fit the carbs spectacularly well and it didnt cover the coolant holes in the head which really pissed me off!! Not sure what im going to do with them so any suggestions most welcome

i `fitted` the fuel pump and primed it and the carbs with the std injection one lol (dont ask..) gave it a blast and it didnt fire, feeling a bit shot down i pulled a plug out and earthed it to check for a spark, and electrocuted myself which hurt like hell :) so i though yup its fine, had a little fiddle with he carbs screwing in the idle screw and scratching my chin gave it another go and woo hoo it started!!! But it sounds s*it, it could be the cracked exhaust manifold or something but it sounds like its firing on 2 or 3 cylinders i dunno (im not much of an expert on the `sound` of an engine) im now preying no coolant got into one of the cylinders!!!

look sexy as pie :wacko:

can you tell theres acctualy less wires?

A LOT of tidying up to be done but it is just a mock up so...

this is the hole i was on about, a little pissed off to say the least

:edit: totaly forgot to say, the god damn servo outlet doo dar is way to big, its about 15mm and the hose and the one on the old manifold is about 5mm, so i think il send it back

also for a video of it firing up go here :-http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/confused_waugh/?action=view&current=New_MVI_0850.flv

Edited by M_R_205

Peetypug

looking good :)

cant wait to get mine done now

im not looking forward to messing with the wiring though :D

i didnt think it was going to be such a big job ;)

id send the fanimold back!! bogg bros only want 188 for it plus 5 p&p

they are the masters of this sort of conversion

i ordered my cam kit today so it will be interesting to compare power figures when we're both done :wacko:

good luck and keep me informed of your progress

Edited by sorrentopete

Bally

Send that piece of poor engineering back. Please tell me they built that for another engine.

M_R_205
looking good B)

cant wait to get mine done now

im not looking forward to messing with the wiring though B)

i didnt think it was going to be such a big job :(

id send the fanimold back!! bogg bros only want 188 for it plus 5 p&p

they are the masters of this sort of conversion

i ordered my cam kit today so it will be interesting to compare power figures when we're both done :P

good luck and keep me informed of your progress

the wiring is no where near as bad as it looks in my pics, the pic with the fuse board in the big bunch of wires there is the dreded brown multi plug, im replacing all of those, the engine bay pic with all the wires is loads worse than normal as i have about 6 relays for fans a push start the fuel puma an so on, il try and post up a wiring diagram for the ignition side of things, just so long as your using the coil pack that sits on top of the manifold...

M_R_205

the way i have doene the ignition wiring is as follows,

once that wiring is in place you can prety much take everything out except the wires that go through the brown multi plug as they control the guages and the starter, you can happily cut the rest back to the two brown plugs under the dash then throw the ecu and tach relay in the bin, be careful though as if you do this you will need to fit a new low presure fuel pump as the standard unit in the tank wont work...

hope this is of some help to some one

Paul

Edited by M_R_205

Sign in to follow this