• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris 417 mi

Which Pads For 4 Pot Calipers

chris 417 mi

As above, looking to replae the ebc red stuff pads my 4 pots came with when i bought them but what with ?? anyone suggest any maks they have had experience with ??

Baz

What 4pots are they, might limit what you can get?

jackherer

Mintex 1166 and Carbone Lorraine both work well in my experience.

Richie-Van-GTi

they are bremsport 4 pots. the red stuff he has takes too long to warm up for road use.

jackherer
he red stuff he has takes too long to warm up for road use.

I had heard that Mintex 1166 took too long to warm up for road use, but I haven't had any problems at all.

brianthemagical

what is the car being used for? i'm guessing it's been used on the road and track. ehat about getting 2 sets, something like m1144s for road and some 1155/66 for track? can't take that long to change?

jackherer
what is the car being used for? i'm guessing it's been used on the road and track. ehat about getting 2 sets, something like m1144s for road and some 1155/66 for track? can't take that long to change?

Why bother when 1166 is fine on the road?

brianthemagical
Why bother when 1166 is fine on the road?

i assumed 1166 would have the same problems as the redstuff.

jackherer

Like I said above I find them fine on the road, initial bite is excellent.

chris 417 mi
Mintex 1166

So where do you get these from ?? demon tweeks or some specific mail order company ?

Alan_M

How much do those 1155 cost though?

I asked about 1155 when renewing pads, and nearly fell over in shock at the cost compared to the 1144's.

chris 417 mi

how much ?? :)

WildCards

DS2500's have always worked well for me

jackherer
So where do you get these from ?? demon tweeks or some specific mail order company ?

I mail ordered them, can't rember where from but it was two days before I needed them for a trackday so I phoned Mintex direct (found the number for their PR dept on the web) and they got a dealer to call me back and I had the pads the next day.

How much do those 1155 cost though?

I asked about 1155 when renewing pads, and nearly fell over in shock at the cost compared to the 1144's.

My 1166 were about £100 delivered, which is a fair few quid I'll admit but they have lasted for AGES and they are excellent, its not something I mind spending cash on TBH.

All the people saying ds2500s/1144s etc work well for them, I'm sure they do, they worked well for me but 1166 is SO much better I can't go back.

pdd144c

We can supply any Mintex products. As has been said above, the 1166 are great from cold if bedded in correctly in the first place. I have used them on all my road cars...

JamesLumley

DS3000 for me

Miles

I still say Pagid RS4's, I haven't found anything better but they are not cheap at all, Even a set for my old 1.6 was over £100.00 a few yr's back

But DS3000's, RS4's and the Mintex 1166's are all good and last well

chris 417 mi

So these will all definitley fit my bremsport 4 pots ?

Also on a side note (miles or pdd144c) can you supply a bleed nipple as ive just found one is leaking :)

Miles

I expect there's quite a few different types of bremsport caliper so I would need the details of it to check what pads are around,

The nipple would be a imperial thread I guess so getting in touch with bremsport direct would be the cheapest option

chris 417 mi

thats just the thing... a search on the net has found......nothing !and as for the calipers they have no real markings ! ill try and get some pictures at least.

pdd144c

There will be a part number some where, perhaps there may be one visable on the old pads?

Chris H

I expect the pads will be the same as for the willwood dynalite caliper as my old bremsports were. There are quite a few pads around for this application, i used ebc, ferrodo and mintex when i had them but have now gone to Alcons as i found the bremsport calipers flexed too much.

The calipers are now sold under the Compbrake banner in the uk but are actually made in the US by Outlaw and i got my spares direct from them last time as TAS bere bing theur usual unhelpful selves!

chris 417 mi

excellent :) any links ?

Chris H

www.outlawbrakes.com/ and www.compbrake.co.uk if you want pads Alyn at ASPerformance.com should do you a decent price on most materials

Edited by Chris H

chris 417 mi

Heres a pic of the calipers, id of thought that one of the willwood calipers which is similar to this would use the same pads and possibly bleed nipples ??

post-7995-1183885708_thumb.jpg

post-7995-1183885722_thumb.jpg

Oh and richie van gti wanted his moment of fame :P

Sign in to follow this