• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sutol

Adjustable Camshaft Pulley

sutol

Just remembered that the camshaft pulley on my 106 diesel is adjustable. Will it fit anything else to save buying expensive aftermarket ones ?

pug_ham

Take it off & try it.

I got some from an XU7J4 last week & although the centre matches the XU 8v cam its set to far into the pulley (which is also thicker) & even with the pulley turned down to the same width its to far out to clear the head.

verniersjz8.th.jpg

This'll be from a 106 TU diesel, I'll have to check the ones in my local scrapyard for them & give it a try.

Graham.

pug_ham

I've just got back from my local scrapyard & I was lucky, they had one phase 2 106 TU diesel with the vernier pulley fitted. :(

It also needs machining down thinner like the ones I got last week but if anything its a better fit for the 8v. (once turned down it'll fit straight on & has the timing pin & cam key close in the right place.:))

pulleyshz0.th.jpg

Graham.

sutol

It also needs machining down thinner like the ones I got last week but if anything its a better fit for the 8v. (once turned down it'll fit straight on & has the timing pin & cam key close in the right place.smile.gif)

pulleyshz0.th.jpg

Graham.

Thanks very much - that is good news and will save money for a friend who is on a budget
post-9302-1184624617.gif
So we can have all the fancy bits for a fraction of the price if we know where to look .. Edited by pug_ham

Rippthrough

One of those should fit my 8v TU then?

Hmmm....

snillet

I built an adjustable pulley of a standard pulley.

Took a photo of the aluminum plate (5mm) and the stock pulley just before i did cut the pulley into 2 pieces, and bolted it togehter with M6 bolts.

Sits nice and firmly together and as long as you do the hole diameters correct and the positioning of them correct in the alu plate you should not have any problem with centering either as i see it.

We fitted the finished thing into the lathe machine and meashured if the centering was ok, and it was as spot on as it could be.

Anyway, the picture of the pieces:

kamdrev.jpg

Been doned before i belive. But it´s very easy and not very costly if you know someone that can make the plate for you, which is not very complicated at all.

Just as a useable tip on the subject.

Sign in to follow this