• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Freddy Snake

Quaife Problems

Freddy Snake

My car is a Peugeot 205 Dimma Mi16 Turbo

The problem is the fitting of a quaife on my be1 gearbox, the driveshafts can't be inserted enought to the diffhouse, there is about 3-4mm left to have them fully inserted comparing to the standard diff.

it looks like the driveshaft is to long, very strange.

I hope someone can help me.

Pugnut

i'll be the first to say it , i cant help with you're problem as its been years since i've been into a be diff , but i'm very interested in you're car.

do you have any pics?

and welcome to the fold freddy...

Freddy Snake

Yes i have a lot of pics but not so much uploaded =o).. have a few at garaget.org serch for freddy_snake if you are interested

Freddy Snake

I'm not sure but 300hp should not be a problem

gti_al

I had a similar problem last week. It turned out something in the speedo housing wasn't sitting right, so i had to take it off and play around a bit. Can you see anything when you look through the bit where the driveshafts sit?

That car is stunning too!

Bally

Wouldnt it be better to suck thru the airflow meter than to blow thru it, most afm manufacturer turbo cars come with the turbo sucking thru the afm. Also with some managment using ignition and mapo sensor you will be able to tidy up that engine bay alot. Lovely job tho.

Freddy Snake

I'm just about installing a Megasquirt just because I hate the airflowmeter =o) so soon the enginebay will be a lot cleaner.

It work superb to blow thru the airflowmeter..

Jesper Cronelid

Magnus fairly keeps me updated on your car, Freddy

Have you solved the problem yet?

Is there any difference on mounting the qualife diff to a BE1/5 and a BE3/5?

Edited by Jesper Cronelid

cossie350

Is it both sides that wont go all the way in or just the left hand side ?

Freddy Snake

both.. but it's more obvious on the left side. I have mailed pics to Quaife and they are looking into it.

kyepan

I also had this problem, a bit of wiggling, and taking out and putting in again in a different order, more wiggling.. and it seated ok.

ditto on the speedo drive , that was removed when i fitted mine.

chances are you just need to move it back or forth a touch.

Freddy Snake

Jesper the diff fits all BE ... but just not my gearbox =o).

If I mount the quaife and the original in the exact same way the drive shaft fits the original perfect, you can just mount the bearings in one way so it should be impossible to do wrong at least i thought so =o/

Kyepan do you remember how the quaife looked inside?

In the middle of mine there is a "wall" whit a hole in it. hmm perhaps I should post some pics here

VisaGTi16v

Strange. Mine went into my BE3 ok but we had to mill off a small bit of ribbing in the engine side of the diff housing as it fouled on the side of the quaife and locked it solid when bolted together!

Freddy Snake

I have noticed that my diff perhaps is a older model (well it's from 96 so), I compared some pics and it's a slight difference in the apperence. But it should still fit i think. I'm eager to here what Quaife have to say.

Freddy Snake

Now I know what the problem was. My diff is made for 306 S16 gearbox and they have a shorter shaft, so now I have to make some kind of hybrid using parts from both shafts.

GTI6BOY

sell the diff and buy the right one?

Love the car by the way

Sign in to follow this