• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest robsterguysports

205 Gti 1.9 Shakes While Accellerating

Guest robsterguysports

Hello people!

I looked at a peugeot 205 gti 1.9 today and test drove it. While accellerating at speeds above 30 or 40 miles per hour (not even full throttle) the whole car started to shake. It didnt matter if i was in 3rd 4th or 5th gear, it just felt like something underneath the car, coming more from the front i would say shakes. also the gear lever was shaking. the engine was warm and i dont think it´s coming from it. maybe the front axle, some thing loose? The steering wheel didnt shake at all! have any of you noticed any similar problems like this on the 205 gti´s`? is it a common fault? Any one have an idea of what it could be? :)

Thanks for help!

Richie-Van-GTi

sounds like worn or loose engine mount, possibly a fubar driveshaft or wishbone.

t16ryan

Sounds like the gearbox bolts are loose, check to see if they are tight,

Guest robsterguysports

THX for the replies!

Any one elso got some ideas?

jonnie205

Long drive shaft 100%

Peetypug

i'd say a 405 drive shaft

i bought a reconditioned 205 shaft from a parts place.

it was a bitch to fit and i couldnt understand why then took it for a test drive

100 yards later i turned round and had to take it all off due to knocking/rumbling :lol:

turned out to be from a 405

Bally

definately driveshaft, can also be the tripod has become unpinned and is sliddin back and forth in he inboard joint, the long one.Had the same problem

Sign in to follow this