• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cally

[body_work] My Road Car....

Guest Cally

Just signed up to the forum as I am about to purchase an mi16 205 for a track car, thought some folk might be interested to see my other car.

Anyhoo here it is I drive an rx7 and what its been upto recently -

rx7_1.jpg

well the 15 year old paintwork was getting tired so I decided to get it painted, however I decided to do it a little different to usual and do the prep work myself... Anyways after stripping it of its bodykit and still failing to get it up the little hill into the unit I had arranged to use most of the prepping was done in my drive (My garage is too full of rubbish to get the car in just now.)

prep1.jpg

A bit more rubbing and some primer used to fill chips etc and flat the area of stone chip at the bottom of the doors -

prep2.jpg

With the prep done I had to do a kamakazee run in the early hours of the morning to the paint shop which is about 5 mins from my house, once I get there I was given the job of masking it up and it was then put in the booth -

booth1.jpg

booth2.jpg

It was then primered which then had to be rubbed down again ( I thought I was done with this rubbing malarky)

primer2.jpg

primer1.jpg

So once the primer was rubbed it was back in for the black -

black1.jpg

Baked and back outside -

rx7painted2.jpg

rx7painted1.jpg

All the kit and mirrors etc was painted seperately -

bumper1.jpg

So all it needed was flatted and buffed.

Then I bought some new wheels, Ultralite Takas 8.5" fronts and 9.5" rears with some 235/40/18s and 265/35/18s unfotunately there is no stock of eagle F1's in the rear size anywhere so its toyo T1R's sitting waiting to go on-

wheels1.jpg

Guest Cally

got the tyres on the wheels and fitted them at work -

rx7wheels.jpg

Its still getting buffed back up after being flatted, completion date is hopefully by the end of the weekend.

jackherer

very nice ^_^

Pugnut

i like that a lot . be sure to post plenty pics when its done

Alastairh

Nice motor, i quite like Rx7's, seeing the red one that was in Practical Performance Car a few months ago with a LS1 V8 lump and now is apparently pushing 500+ bhp kinda makes me go weak at the knees ^_^

clifton

that is one very nice motor...

always liked rx7's?

is it a standard engine?

ben

Guest Cally

No its been street ported with bigger injectors and intercooler, rmagic down pipe and centre section with a blitz nurspec backbox. An apexi power fc ecu mapped to 292bhp at the wheels and apexi AVC-R boost controller. So its fairly quick.

hoody_g

Looks ^_^ have a soft spot for rx7's

Is that the industrial estate where motorsport world is ?

Graeme

pugboyracer

Thats very nice. I have a thing for RX-7's, definately on the "list" for the future when I get bored of ancient BMW's. :wacko:

Smigzy

im another one with a soft spot for rex's :wacko: , the dragon performance RX7 will be at Santa Pod this weekend, fastest run to date is a 9.1@158mph, think its about 900hp, sounds like a tie fighter running methanol LOL

http://www.japshow.co.uk/finale2006compdet...to=irene_beck_5

Yours looks very nice mate. stick some more pics up when you can!

:angry:

kyepan

same here, there is a lovely black one that lives round the corner.. usually just stop and gaze at it for a while on my way past. It's got a really lovely subtle body kit, and some nice deep racing alloys... It just looks so sexy.

My girlfriends dad is rebuilding a b reg one when he comes back from spain, he;s going to let me help him strip the engine.

Ahl

Lovely car, you can't help but appreciate them. :wacko:

How many mpg does it do? ;) Or is it gpm? :angry:

Guest Cally

Costs about £70 to fill the tank with Vpower and I get around 200 miles, bit of a killer really lol.

Kriss

Very nice indeed. Good to see someone else from around these parts. I, sure i saw your car at msw sitting in primer.

felix2566

Have to agree, have a soft spot for these, like them alot! some how the styling is just so good!

Keep the pictures coming when its done! :wacko:

Guest Cally

Yeah, this is the only car I would ever put a body kit on. Just suits it so well.

24seven

Nice! I love RX7s. I really want one!

James_m

Amazing thats 15 years old. It still looks so fresh and modern :(

Dont these RX7's have a major problem with rust, or have i dreamt that up from somewhere?

gti-si

14 MPG?! It must be worth it then? It looks amazing for it's age. Looks like a brandnew car, they had there head on designing that

24seven

please tell me the spoiler is going back on. they look odd without them.

Guest DAvie RG 16v

Looks good cally, and i mustsay good choice for a track car too buddy

pugboyracer

They really hit the spot with these didn't they? I can't think of another 15 year old design that still looks so modern and fresh. Surely they're modern classics now, discounting the many nasty bodykitted up ones out there.

As I said before, this is a lovely example, a real credit to its owner. :(

Guest Cally

14 MPG?!? Did someone work that out? jeeeez I didnt know it was that bad LOL! Deffo worth it, coming back from trax last year sitting at the m6 toll gate things and this old guy int a TVR tuscan S was just looking at us ( I am 23 but got ID'd for a lottery ticket a few weeks ago, so you can imagine I look quite young) the old guys looking and laughing. We both got through the toll and he was just out before me and floored it, I just launched and totally destroyed it. Guy gave us a nod of acknowlegdement, he must have been gutted.

Spoiler is going back on, just not got round to doing that and the sideskirts. Hoping to have it back on the road by next weekend, cant wait its been months since I have drove it properly.

24seven

good stuff. damm I love those cars! I reckon if I old my almera (not gonna happen), finished my Mi16 conversion and got it all prepared the way I want to (not gonna happen for a while) then sold that (abso-bloddy-lutely not gonna happen!), add a bit of money from a student loan to the mix and I could probably afford to buy one... just.