• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cossie350

1.9 Gti Injectors In S16.

cossie350

Hi all i see the above mentioned in a recent topic and was wondering if anyone has actually done it. I'm running a standard S16 lump with an air filter/exhaust and obviously de-cated. So the engine should be running slightly on the lean side and i happen to have a set of 1.9gti injectors kicking about.

Do or dont.

Thanks in advance :)

Baz

Pretty sure the s16 injectors are the same anayway. Or at least have the same flow rate.

Miles

The S16 injectors are different and not sure of flow rates off hand, But don;t stick in the 1.9 ones as I bet it will run like a dog

petert

I've done it. It works perfectly. You'll have very nice crisp mixtures, from 12.5 to 13.5:1, rather than 14.4-14.7:1 The ECU will complain because it can't lock onto closed loop, but other then that, enjoy!

214cc rather than 196cc, thus 9% richer.

lee-bg

i confirm what is said by petert.

I was going to mention the same done by a friend. :D Same results, it works. No idea why , but injectors from 1,9 8v and 16V are indeed are higher flow :)

Peter, can you give some 'light' on why the ECU is complaining ?

i.e. if injectors are connected with same connectors why the close loop wouldnt work ? thanks in advance.

Doof

Because for each injector pulse more fuel is going into the engine, and the engine management doesn't know that because it doesn't know the injectors are bigger. It just sees a richer mixture and is unable to lean off sufficiently.

cossie350

Excellent thanks, will report back when i get them in :D

cossie350

It runs sweet as a nut still, as for the performance gain i wouldnt really like to say, it feels more responsive but it may be all in the head. Anyway better to be a little on the rich side than lean so all is good :D .

Thanks for the help :) .

lee-bg

yes, injectors just squirt mode, but ECU doesnt know that.

Thats why i am curious what that has to do with ECU close loop mode :D since close loop is electrical , but injectors squirting more is just "more fluid", they are same Ohm and same electrics (i guess).

cossie350

My 2 pence worth im sure PeterT or Doof will agree or disagree. As you say the injectors will be sent the same Ohm's from the ECU on closed loop mode but as the are bigger the will be injecting more fuel, hence the engine running richer. The lamda will pick this up but cannot lean it off enough because it is not on the standard map.

Sign in to follow this