• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lee-bg

Mi16 Xu9j4z Motronic 1.3 Ecu Pin 20 Question

lee-bg

Hello,

After looking at a lot of diagrams of the pins on the ECU of 1,9 16V Mi16 DFW engine, XU9J4Z

Motronic 1.3 with cat and knock, i found in one diagram that

pin 20 of ECU must be connected to pin1 of ECU ( which pin control the ignition).

My car runs at the moment without that connection between the pins since i used original 1,9 8v installation of Motronic 1.3 on DKZ engine.

Question is, why this pin20 is connected to pin1 on the ECU and why the he** i dont see that in Autodata or other diagrams, but i could only find it in 1 software (called CAPS). I believe CAPS is very accurate software. anybod know something ?

pug_ham

The autodata I have shows pin 20 isn't connected in the three row M1.3 ecu.

Graham.

lee-bg

exactly ^_^ but CAPS software shows that Pin 20 is connected (bridged) to pin 1 and its only on Motronic 1.3 Mi16 ECUs. Thats why its very weird to me. I use to believe CAPS because its much more extensive than Autodata and has almost all the diagrams for Pugs.

p.s. I can provide CAPS if somebody wants it. Its very useful little software. 20 MB archived. Has models up to 1998-99.

Edited by lee-bg

lee-bg

Thanks a lot. the diagram is very useful. In my fight with error code 42 (injectors) i am looking everywhere on the pins of the diagrams of the ECU :D)))

p.s. I will not bug myself with it anymore with the pin 20 as its clear now :)

Thanks guys again.

Edited by lee-bg

Sign in to follow this