• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BERTMAN

Bumpers

BERTMAN

hi, i need some new bumpers for my car in black with red trim... wheres the best place to buy them new?

Doof

neat autos are probably a good bet, i know they do the red strips and bumpers as one and will deliver if you order both.

Edp

If you want them to fit go to Peugeot and shell out the money. I bought a front bumper from Neat and it was shocking.

pete1986

Im in need of a front bumper aswell, any ideas how much they are from peugeot?

boldy205

do yourself a favour and buy a pug one. i had one from GSF and it was a joke. Not just hard to fit but ruined the look of the car, sounds silly but it did!

Phone up pugs, they are expensive but the fit is obviously sooo much better and worth the money.

Veero

New rear bumper is only £96 + the dreaded from Pug.

When you know it's OE quality and will definitely bolt straight on it's not really that much.

Veero

BERTMAN

only! lol... think ill just find some cheap ones and bodge em on

Jrod

I bought a non genuine one for my old XS off ebay.

Put it on then took it off as the fit was so appalling.

jim205GTI

Autofive aswell are good , the front on i had was a good fit :unsure: but that was about two years ago now

GLPoomobile
If you want them to fit go to Peugeot and shell out the money. I bought a front bumper from Neat and it was shocking.

Really? :D

Neat usually only sell OE Peugeot branded stuff, and previous comments on this subject have always indicated that they are one of the preferred supplies for bumpers!

I'm contemplating getting some new bumpers, so if I do call Neat I'll make sure I ask them for OE stuff or nothing :unsure:

Veero
only! lol... think ill just find some cheap ones and bodge em on

Cheap ones will look crap and as discussed here probably not fit properly.

Sure £100 is a lot but as OE stuff goes thats pretty reasonable I thought. The only thing is your bumper support bolts will likely all shear when they are undone as mine did. Unless you fancy grinding some custom bolts to fit, get some new bolts at the same time.

I'd prefer to pay £100 and have the bumper fit perfectly and look damn good rather than a cheap piece of tat that doesn't fit perfectly and you have to bodge on with cable ties or something just to save a few quid.

I couldn't find a second hand good bumper so bit the bullet and went with a brand new item.

Veero

BERTMAN

surprisingly i havent had a problem with the bolts on the front, and i have all new bumper support bars etc... ill ring neat and see if there OE standard otherwise ill just have to wait and buy some bumpers later!! lol

pp205

I'm also going to be needing new front and rear bumpers in the near future when my car goes back on the road. Has anyone ever purchased them from Pug Spares and if they have were they any good?

I have also seen them very cheap from Euro Car Parts but i'm reluctant to buy there as they seem too cheap at about £25!

Cheers Simon

Miles

The last bumper I got from GSF was to OE spec and fitted spot on, Was only about £25.00 too,

I'm sure P/S is owned by a larger company now just with higher prices on the web

Retro Pug
I'm sure P/S is owned by a larger company now just with higher prices on the web

I visited Pug Spares around March, its in Birchills (West Mids). Its a completely internet based company usually sourcing parts from GSF and Euro Car Parts etc. I spoke to the owner who was very helpful.

So maybe if you order a bumper from Pug Spares it'll come from GSF!

Peetypug

just bought front and rear from auto5

48.99 each including inserts

they look spot on but i aint fitted them properly, only offered them up

Henry Yorke
Im in need of a front bumper aswell, any ideas how much they are from peugeot?

Front bumper (GTI one) is £111+VAT from Peugeot. I was lucky to find one in stock at the dealers next to me and was able to get it at cost (£80 inc VAT). Fit was spot on and most importantly so was the colour. You have to drill holes to fit the trim clips though, which suprised me. Non GTI bumpers are different as they don't have the arch holes and the ends finish different too.

You usually get what you pay for and there is a lot of "accident approved" stuff out there. I would never fit a non genuine wing to a Peugeot as they are not fullu galvanised etc...

welshpug
Front bumper (GTI one) is £111+VAT from Peugeot. I was lucky to find one in stock at the dealers next to me and was able to get it at cost (£80 inc VAT). Fit was spot on and most importantly so was the colour. You have to drill holes to fit the trim clips though, which suprised me. Non GTI bumpers are different as they don't have the arch holes and the ends finish different too.

You usually get what you pay for and there is a lot of "accident approved" stuff out there. I would never fit a non genuine wing to a Peugeot as they are not fullu galvanised etc...

odd that you had to drill the holes, the bumper I got already had them drilled!

got a BIG bag of clips if anyone needs some...

Peetypug

;) every time i go to the scrappy i try to get as many screws clips nuts and bolts off 205's that i can fit in my pockets :)

you never know when your going to need them........

or am i just a hoarder of crap?

Henry Yorke
or am i just a hoarder of crap?

Hoarder of crap.... like the rest of us!!

I always end up ordering obscure clips whenever i do something on the car! The new bumper was fitted with brand new plastic valance clips!

Sign in to follow this