• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugrallye

406 16v Turbo?

pugrallye

I was looking through filter catalogue yesterday for an oil filter for an EW engine, and low and behold listed under 406 is 16v turbo petrol.... Is this a misprint or did peugeot actually build one?

are you sure it didnt mean 16v/turbo petrol?

this would differentiate between 16v models and petrol turbo variants as opposed to diesel and diesel turbo units which are all 8v or 12v

pugrallye

no as 8v turbo was in 8v section

which could be 8v turbo diesel

ive never seen a 16v turbo petrol model in EW engine code, maybe it was sold on the continent though?

TEKNOPUG

There is no such engine as a 16v Turbo EW.

The only 16v turbo petrol engines are from the 205 & 405T16s.

The guy on the 306 is a tit, UNLESS: its been fitted with one of the aforementioned XU engines, its a 16v EW engine that has an aftermarket turbo conversion or its a one-off Pug factory built EW 16v turbo engine which is not recorded anywhere.

210bhp is less than a stock T16, Id imagine that if you were going to the hassle of turbocharging an EW 16v engine then youd have more than 210bhp.which suggests that its just an 8v XU10 turbo which has had some fettling. A couple of pictures of the engine bay would reveal all.

bales

If you go on the link for that thread there is actually a picture of the bloomin engine bay showing a xu10cjte, suprised no-one on that forum has even noticed that!

Surely he must know it isn't a 16V or else the person who sold it him has been telling serious porkies!

bales

Haha the spec of th engine is most amusing given that looking at the engine bay it is still running a standard turbo cos of the pipework! so 210bhp is a bit of a joke :D

From the thread;

"Peugeot 406 16V SRi Turbo:- as what is says on the log book.Before you ask yes i had the new engine logged up to date.

Ecotek

Baileys Dump Valve

FSH Powerboost Valve

Pipercross Induction Kit

S/S Porsche Boxter Exhaust System With Cat

GTi-6 Exhaust Manifold

Turbosmart Boost Tee"

Exhaust system off a mid engined flat 6 eh?! :) not known for being the longest and straightest of exhausts!

Gti-6 exhaust manifold, thats some impressive fabrication then B)

Alastairh

Lol, bales, i was going to point out exactly that...

Nice 8 valve rocker cover :)

Baz

I think the poor boy read the log book, thinking because it still has the old '16v' written, and he/someone has added the 'turbo' part, rather than knowing alot about the car/engine itself! :)

damien
If you go on the link for that thread there is actually a picture of the bloomin engine bay showing a xu10cjte, suprised no-one on that forum has even noticed that!

Surely he must know it isn't a 16V or else the person who sold it him has been telling serious porkies!

i did see the engine pic and question it as it looked like a 8v but my post was removed at the request of the thread starter

Mikey S
i did see the engine pic and question it as it looked like a 8v but my post was removed at the request of the thread starter

thats convenient :)

you can still the standard 406 alloy boost pipe for a start...

pugrallye

Anyway... its not an EW, i was looking up an EW and it was listed underneath, will have another look for engine code tomorrow against listing

Hilgie

it was never made...must be a misprint

and the 406 from the gti6 forum is an 8V...

Sign in to follow this