• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matty_gti

My Gps Wont Charge

matty_gti

Hi, now i know what your thinking.....'its the in car charger'....well its not....i tried my first one in 3 of my 205's and nothing, it was having none of it, so i went out and bought a new charger...but in that time i bought another gti, so i first tried the new car, and whay it worked!!, i then tried the other 3 and nothing?!?!? :unsure: , i then removed the cig lighter from the new car and put it in another car but still nothing, i tested it with the multimeter and even thought it wont charge its still getting just over 12v...so im pinning it on the car as the lighter is fine :unsure:

Any ideas???

Matt

matty_gti

Ive had a quick mess around trying to figure it out but still no luck...

any one with any ideas?!?!?! :(

Richie-Van-GTi

maybe the lighters in the other 3 cars are too deep for the charger to make a good connection or they offer too much resistance on the ground side? normally though its down to worn/dirty contact points in the lighter part.

matty_gti
maybe the lighters in the other 3 cars are too deep for the charger to make a good connection or they offer too much resistance on the ground side? normally though its down to worn/dirty contact points in the lighter part.

Thanks for the reply!. :(

I tokk out the good lighter and put it in the car that didnt work and still no luck but there is a ever so slight voltage drop in the car that doesnt work.

Could i just put in another ground wire?.

Thanks.

matty_gti

Right, well ive changed the lighter socket for a known good one, put a new ground in and changed the battery over from my other car (only a couple of months old) but still no luck!!!!, its doing my nut!!! :D:)

Any help folks!......

Sign in to follow this