• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Furiousd

97/98 Ron

Furiousd

When I bought my car I was advised to run it on 98 ron as has 'light port mod' and it specifies 98 over 95 on the fuel filler pipe. I can only find 97 locally and just want to check that I won't be doing any harm?

Car runs ok but it engine noise is loud in the cabin (Louder than when outside the car!)

gti-si

97 Ron will be alright, thats just run of the mill super Unleaded right? Try and find a Shell garage and fill up with Optimax/V-Power, that's 99 Ron. Well worth the extra pennies.

The cabin noise sounds like someones ripped out the sound deadening. Is it a stripped interior? As that will make it very noisy. 205's are just noisy cars, not designed for comfort and quiet :(

Furiousd
97 Ron will be alright, thats just run of the mill super Unleaded right? Try and find a Shell garage and fill up with Optimax/V-Power, that's 99 Ron. Well worth the extra pennies.

The cabin noise sounds like someones ripped out the sound deadening. Is it a stripped interior? As that will make it very noisy. 205's are just noisy cars, not designed for comfort and quiet :)

Thats good to know thanks, wish there was a shell near by I will have to get round to making a special trip before I get to the point of running out : )

The interior is std and bonnet still has sound proofing. I;m not bothered about the noise just worried it could be something more sinister?

Ta

Normski

Most Tesco superstores sell 99 ron fuel. Any of them near by?

Sign in to follow this