• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldskoolcool

In Doubt Of The Print Out

Guest oldskoolcool

Just had a 1.9 8v put into my 1600, had a piper 270 cam fitted and the head polished and ported. Took him for a rolling road to see what my cash had earned me and was pleased to receive a print out for 145bhp at 6210rpm :) With a big grin on my face I got home and went for pootle with my friend in his vts (standard), I found myself level pegging with him, if not falling behind a touch :) Maybe I was expecting a better result, but surely, the vts' are only 120bhp and I should at least of pulled a car length (or 2) on him....any thoughts..?

Doof

Can you scan the graph in? What does it say the temperature was on the day of the RR etc?

chris1986

thats not bad at allif thats the only thing you did to it. as i have one of those camshafts in, and they were nearly the same as the origional one fitted. i fully rebuilt mine and have yet to have it set up on a rolling road but i would have thought it would be around 130. i thihnk i will be upgrading that cameshaft very soon

number2301

The 16v TUs are the kind of engine which tends to make more power than book figure, which is why you get all this rubbish about the later 130bhp versions. Also they respond very well to things like filter and exhaust.

Isn't the 270deg cam standard? So depending on the state of the engine and how well it was ported and polished you've got a genuine 120-130bhp most likely.

Sign in to follow this