• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smckeown

Purolator Oil Filters

smckeown

Anyone k now if these are any good ?

I'm about to buy loads of oil from opie oils and they offer these an their site

cheers

sean

Toddy
Anyone k now if these are any good ?

I'm about to buy loads of oil from opie oils and they offer these an their site

cheers

sean

Think they are O.E.

Had before and they have the one way valve in

Henry 1.9GTi

i also bought one of these from opie oils whilst buying oil. So I hope they are good :P I'm sure if they were not then opie wouldnt be selling them. which oil you going for smckeown? I decided on silkolene Pro S 10-W50 after their recomendation.

lagonda

Purolator have been making oil filters for many years ... I managed to buy some of their filters for my 1951 Riley a few years ago which appear to be contemporary with the car! Well respected firm.

RossD
Purolator have been making oil filters for many years ... I managed to buy some of their filters for my 1951 Riley a few years ago which appear to be contemporary with the car! Well respected firm.

See here for an oil filter study with these filters....

http://www.autoair.co.uk/Filters.htm

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

The top one includes a Purflux (OE Peugeot), which I still consider the best with its pleated paper design! (The Honda filter is the Purflux)

Edited by RossD

Guest jola

Purolator makes a good filter. I've used them on my cars for years without a problem.

nick

Welcome Jola.

I didn't think anyone in the states would even have heard of a 205 gti!!

Whats the story?

Nick

Guest jola
Welcome Jola.

I didn't think anyone in the states would even have heard of a 205 gti!!

Whats the story?

Nick

Hey thanks! Well I like cars, and I'm starting to get into road rally/rallycross cars. I love the style of boxy 80's and early 90's cars. So I was surfing the web and I came across the 205 World Rally Car and thought it was pretty awesome, so I signed up here to find some info. Its basically all my current car desires in one car...too bad there are none here! Haha. I'll swing by Europe eventually to pick one up. :(

~Joe

oilman

The Purolator filters are oem spec and approved so all good.

Cheers

Guy.

RossD
The Purolator filters are oem spec and approved so all good.

Cheers

Guy.

Thats a very sweeping statement to make... OEM spec? So how come they are not a pleated design like the OEM Purflux? You just have to look at the pictures of the dissected ones above to see that. (not saying that Purolater are crap here...)

And approved by who? Peugeot?! Some bloke in a dodgy under the arches type lockup?

Not meaning to have a dig here, its just that you seem to be a seller of all things oil and so people read and respect your views. Advice like the above just seems to reinforce my (pessimistic) view that you may have a vested interest in selling Purolater.

Of course I could be totally wrong here, in which case I apologise.

boombang

You can get Purflex (i.e. genuine ones Pug use) for about £2.40 each from Neat Autos IIRC - just buy a pack of ten each time.

RossD
You can get Purflex (i.e. genuine ones Pug use) for about £2.40 each from Neat Autos IIRC - just buy a pack of ten each time.

Thats a bargain, why use anything else when they are that price. Is that a recent price Boombang? Might have to give them a ring.... :D

boombang

Few months back when I was last there think it was still that price (think plus VAT?).

As said you have to buy ten, but well worth it IMHO.

Sign in to follow this