• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Tu3s Clutch Hard To Change

djinuk

i have a 205 F reg xs, and the clutch is sliping, i have never done a clutch but seem to be able to manage everything else on the car. Any advice on doing this please :), thanks in advance

Sandy

Very straight forward job. Drain the box beforehand. Remove both shafts properly before the box. Make sure the clutch plate is the correct way round (sticky out side outwards) and centred precisely.

trogboy

My one piece of advise would be to buy a set of allan key socket type things. Not really neccessary mind but makes it much easier to get the pressure plate retaining bolts and gearbox to block bolts out and in again. I think you need an 8mm and a 5mm one from memory.

Edit - My second 'one piece of advise' would be to drain the gear box before doing anything else with the suspension. There's probably othing worse than poping out the short driveshaft before you mean to. I hate the smell of gearbox oil - it makes me gag!

Edited by trogboy

FinalD

Box oil is horrid, worse when you are under the car and it's peeing allover you. :D Plus the smell doesn't come out of your nose for days! It didn't even go in my nose! :P

Also make sure you have something to catch the oil, and some fresh stuff to filling...not good if you drop it on the driveway/garage floor, and it's not nice to have to get more whilst doing it.

Rob

djinuk

well i picked up full clutch kit, £35, i did my driveshaft n got covered in box oil, but im going to attempt to do clutch without dropping all the gear box oil

Casanova

Where did you get one that cheap? Might need to do mine soon.

§

djinuk

BP CLUTCHES 01530 832441 :)

Sign in to follow this