• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Juz

309 Rear Updating?

Juz

i've purchased a 309 gti mi16 1.9 (i'm still keeping the 205 gti 1.6 for daily driver though! the 309 is possibly going to be for track / weekends). it's a 1989 which i guess makes it a phase 1? does anybody know if it's possible to change the rear lights and panel inbetween the lights to the later style which i guess is phase 2? if so, is it as easy as with a 205 or is there more to it?

thanks, and apologies for the slightly OT post but i didn't want to join another different forum when plenty of people are seem knowledgable about both 205 and 309 :)

duncs

lots more to it mate as if you look at the boot onyour mk1 it is a straight edge along the bottom whereas on a mk2 the boot integrates the locking panel if you get my drift anyway mk1's look cool anyway

here's a pic of mine

309gti2.jpg

309gti1.jpg

mk1's are the way forward :)

Rob_the_Sparky

The quick answer is forget it, backends are different enough to make it a big job. Just drive it and quit worrying about what it looks like!

Sign in to follow this