• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MikeHunt79

Will A Citroen Xm 2.1 Td Engine Fit In A 205?

MikeHunt79

I may be able to get hold of one of these... Has anyone done this conversion? or is a little silly as I can imagine the engine being heavier than an mi16.

jim21070

Based on an XU, it might but yes, it'll be a very tight squeeze. The Xantia engine bay is rather well filled by this engine with resultant access problems :)

The head, being 12 valve, is rather large and I guess you'll run into clearance problems on the brake servo for one.

The 2.1TD uses a Lucas "fly by wire" electronic (EPIC) pump so you'd need to arrange for this and ensure you have the ECU and immobiliser keypad (with code!) that belongs to the engine.

It's a cracker of an engine though so it'll be worth it. Weight should not be a problem, it's overall a very similar engine to the XU10 petrol engine.

inferno

As said, will fit but is a tight sqeeze. i have one myself but i think i would rather fit the 2litre hdi i have.

also got a 2.5td xm engine but theres no way thats fitting in a 205!

Hilgie

Some have done this conversion already. Much easier than a 2.2HDi lump by the way :)

http://www.205gti.com/story_rudy_tdiNL.htm

It's in dutch, but enjoy the pics.

2.5TD just doesn't fit due to different enginemounts.

foreigner
Some have done this conversion already. Much easier than a 2.2HDi lump by the way ^_^

http://www.205gti.com/story_rudy_tdiNL.htm

It's in dutch, but enjoy the pics.

2.5TD just doesn't fit due to different enginemounts.

Personal experience fit the 1.9 td - veryyyyy easyyyy

Sandy

I bet that'll have some thump!

Hilgie

Yes...quicker than a 205Mi16

Super Josh
Yes...quicker than a 205Mi16

Just not as fun :)

Josh

MikeHunt79

Nice! Doable but not easy. I'll keep my eye open for an engine, but I won't hold my breath. Cheers! :)

jim21070
I bet that'll have some thump!

Yes, in an imprompu test along a dual carriageway, there was not very much in it between a pals 2.1TD Xantia and my Activa!

Sign in to follow this