• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
IanG Dorset

Worn Seat

IanG Dorset

I asked a upholsterer today how much it would be to repare 2 areas on the passenger cloth seet. He thought there wasnt a lot of point to just repaire that damaged areas as the rest may come apart as it was being repared and he said £150 (A days work at £20 per hour :P ) for the all the bolsters to be replaced and the foam that has sagged to be re-shaped.

This is way out of my budget and i just wanted to know what other people do in this situation?

All the other seat as good. I dont realy like to bin things like this as the rest of it would be fine.

Should i just try to get a decent condition replacement?

Baz

You can replace the bolsters yourself with good ones, there's a guide on the main website. Not alot else you can do with the cloth covers though.

Could always replace them with half leathers? :P

IanG Dorset

There is a set of half leathers that i am looking at. If i was to get them i would still want to do some thing about cloth seet so i have a complete set to sell or make use of at some point but i will have a look at this guide.

zowow

my cloth is a bit dodgy on my half leathers too, seems to have shrunk, its a shame cause the main leather is quite good!

IanG Dorset

This is a lot beter :)

DSC01215.jpg

Some nice leather seats :P

Just when i go my car looking all smart my boss went and reversed a trailer into it :);)

So Anoying!

DSC01217.jpg

It looks a bit better in the picture so that makes me feel ok about it untill i go to get in it for work tomorow morning :D

205turbo

Jturnell has a very nice set of black/red half leathers for sale, pm him if you need a set

cheers

paul

IanG Dorset

I had cloth ones before and those are replacement half leathers!

Redtop

I got ripped off for getting my 2 seats reconditioned. Payed more than that for them. Got them died and some creases removed and all the bolsters fixed up. A good job but wasn't worth what I paid for them. They ain't new and I didn't want them to be as I wanted the car to be original as it does have 120000 miles on it. The ullpolster said he couldn't re-do the red stiching if he put new leather on which I didn't like the sound of. Here's a pic of the interier, and one of the car itself after a full de-swirl :lol:

DSC00276Medium.jpg

DSC00274Medium.jpg

Unlucky that your boss done that to your car. He managed to damage the light the tailgate and the rear trim panel!

IanG Dorset

wow :)

smart car mate

clifton
DSC00274Medium.jpg

that is one shiny car....wish i could get mind that shiny!^_^

Alastairh

That red one looks gorgeous!

Sign in to follow this