• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davemar

Temperature And Other Sensors On 1.1 Tu

davemar

I've just recently changed the clutch on a 205 1.1 TU (carb). I disconnected a lot of the wiring in the process to make things easier, and thought I'd put everything back in the right place. However when I start the car the warning lights come on (and stay on) for the temperature (the symbol that looks like a thermometer) and the STOP light is on. The engine is stone cold obviously, so it's lying, but what connections should go where?

There's a spade connector just below the HT coil / distributor, which I assume is the coolant temp sensor? I can only see one possible wire that connects to it, which is cyan coloured (I think - I'm describing this from memory!). What other sensors are there? There also appear to be a wire the disappears between the engine and gearbox, or have a gone and jammed a wire in there when refitting the gearbox?

What sensors would turn the STOP light on? I assume its an OR logic between several sensors?

Sandy

The coolant temp switch wire being earthed would cause this.

Jrod

Thought the coolant temp was the one off the thermostat housing...

Sign in to follow this