• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gtiracer

Ecu Data Cable

Gtiracer

I have a Lumenition ECU so not a massively popular one but I dont know if they are all the same and if i can just buy a universal cable to connect it to the computer:

Cable%20DB9%20f%20to%20HD15%20m.jpg

The ECu needs the cable end on the right to connect to it and the other end needs to be a USb or something i can connect to the computer so i can hopefull erase the 8v map contained upon it and load on another MI16 base map i found the other day - first of all is this possible to do from my computer? and second of all where can i get this sort of wire from? and also how much is it likely to cost please if you know

Thanks and cheers again :D

smckeown

most ecus use serial connectors. do you have a wiring diagram from lumenition, if so you can make your own. I did for a DTA recently

Mikey G

Just looks like a standard RS232 serial plug, but the other end looks like a 15pin 'D' sub monitor plug which i assume you dont need?

A straight serial cable is easy to get hold of, you may not find one with a USB plug the other end but it may work if you find a USB to RS232 adapter to work with a straight cable.

Mongo

What software are you going to use to upload the map?

My lumenition ECU uses lumenition software which requires a parrallel port dongle plugged in to download the code to allow full use of the software.

it was £50 from lumenition for the kit including the software cable and the dongle.

Gtiracer
What software are you going to use to upload the map?

My lumenition ECU uses lumenition software which requires a parrallel port dongle plugged in to download the code to allow full use of the software.

it was £50 from lumenition for the kit including the software cable and the dongle.

Ahh right thats handy to know, Ill give them a call

Sign in to follow this