• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Coil Confirmation

Richie-Van-GTi

Just been looking at wiring schematics for my engine, it would appear the coils I got with it are wasted spark anyway, hoping someone can confirm if they are and if I can just use these instead of the other type from the AX's etc.

the standard one is like a fixed bank of 4 that bolts direct to the head, but it only has 4 pins and from underneath only 2 look like coils, the other 2 just look like big rubber ht plugs. the wiring suggests 1 and 4 fire off the same ECU wire, as does 2 and 3. the other 2 pins are connected to one wire which is direct to power relay.

pug_ham

MP3.1 coil is a "wasted spark" one so iirc the one you got from a previous reply somewhere should be fine.

What is the type fitted to the AX?

Graham.

Richie-Van-GTi

The one I got from an AX is the squarish looking one that bolts to the side of the head.

pug_ham
The one I got from an AX is the squarish looking one that bolts to the side of the head.
The one I have from a 405 is also squarish & bolts to the side of the head (well thermostat housing).

If it looks like this one its the same as fitted to the 405 so its a wasted spark coilpack.

Graham.

Richie-Van-GTi

yeah I have one of them which I know is wasted spark, however it appears that the one that came with the engine is also wasted spark. This is what I am trying to confirm. The one that came with the engine only uses 4 pins much like the one you pictured above, 2 pins are switched lives and 2 pins are triggers from the ecu. Im wondering if it will work with MS the same as the one from the AX/405's etc.

Sign in to follow this