• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neosophist

Heater

Guest Neosophist

Hi,

Just brought a pug 205 after my old car was stolen and burnt out, I get this home and the heater dosn't work , I can turn the dial from left to right it dosn't do anything although I can hear a relay click when it gets to the end turning it clockwise.

I've checked the fuses.

Guest myba

mine stopped working all of a sudden a while back. It turned out to be the heater motor broken.

Only, you dont mention the electrical sparking noises and smoke when you turn the dial so it may not be that.

Sorry to be not much help :D

Simes

Heater motor is under/behind the glovebox, really easy to remove (just drops out) worth checking the connections to it and maybe then removing and testing. The bearings do tend to go on these after a while so it may have seized.

Guest richard

Id also say to check the water level.........mine appeared to stop blowing out hot air....turned out it had lost almost 1 1/2 litres!

filled it up again and now its working.

Guest d-9

I had this prob on my mums 205 gt, heater motor was fine, there was a resistor somewhere down by the battery that had blown.

Guest adam_ellis

d-9 - tell me more mate?!

I have never been able to get mine working!

I've tried changing the motor and resister next to it, but still no joy.

An engine bay fuse sounds like a good thing to check next.

Cheers.

Guest 1 FAT PUG

mine was not working when i got mine, it was the heater control that had stopped working, fitted about 3 from the scrappys till i got a good one

Guest d-9

I cant really remember a lot of it, tbh. The heater wasnt working when mum bought the car, asked me to have a look, i was like "electrics, i can do them..." famous last words.

spent about a week taking the dash appart, i gave up. I tested the motor (by sticking a 12v supply on it), the contol (by puting an ohmeter across it and by sliding the slider) and checked none of the wiring was obviously burnt out, and checked the fuse.

Eventually took it to my local sparky who charged mum a wad of cash and eventually replaced a resistor down behind the battery somwhere (sorry thats the description i got), and it worked.

Miles

Under the fan nearer the bulkhead you will see some wires going into a plug, basicly unplug this undo the 2 screws and you will see the Heater resistor module, It's not surprizing they fail as they get covered in rubbish, If oyu need one let me know, But check if its 4 or 5 pin.

Guest Neosophist

cool, thanks a lot for the input guys, i'll be having a look tommorow as it's my day off!

Hope it's one of them as there realtivly easy.

Regs,

Martin.

Guest adam_ellis

Sweet, sounds like I might finally get it working soon.

Dunno where you guys were when I asked this question a few months back - Knowone suggested this then.

Oh well, at least I have plenty of spares now - Neosophist if you need a blower motor or its resister let me know. :D

Guest labrat

Excellent info guys, thanks ... been battling with this for a while now. All I know is that the motor is aparently fine as occasionally when going over a bump the fan comes on full blast !!

Seems like I too may finally get this sorted !! :)

Cheers

Guest Neosophist

Sorted it, the motor was seized to hell! Now it works but it's either on full, when the switch is at the very end and the relay clicks or it's off.

Should it be ajustable? I presume so, so whats wrong? :)

Many thanks,

Martin.

Guest wes

Did anyone get theirs working after changing this resistor???

Do pug sell the resistor?

Guest Telf 205

the resistor costs far too much from dealer. its like £30. I went to scrappy and i got it for £4. Its the same in a few cars.

If its either on or off its def the resistor not working.

Quite easy to replace aswell.

GtiMad

Dam it, where was this thread a few days ago!?

My heater has just cut out recently but I it was the only part I couldn't get off an old car before I scrapped it.

Bugger :P

Guest wes
the resistor costs far too much from dealer. its like £30. I went to scrappy and i got it for £4. Its the same in a few cars.

If its either on or off its def the resistor not working.

Quite easy to replace aswell.

is it under the bonnet or under the little blower??

Does it look the same as the silver cylindrical resistor for the cooling fan????

Guest badmission

what...205s with heaters?

heh, you will be telling us next they have ventilation :P

GtiMad

Ok, so who acually managed to get there heater working then?

I havn't tried yet because I am a lazy git but I am going to have to get on with it. :(

Guest Neosophist

mines sorted now!

Ok, if you take off the control knobs and the front plastic bit you'll see a white box with the remaining turney things on, thats the resistor, the middle turney thing for the heater has carbon on the back of it which acts as a resistor, if yours is full on or full off you'll need to replace the white box as it's a pain in the ass to take apart and repair, couple of quid from the scrappy, pain to get out, theres a little multiplug at the bottom of it you can unplug when you remove it.

Regs,

Martin

Guest johno_78

had a similar problem on our old 205. either it was on full blast or it was off when a wire was disconnected. turned out to be the heater blower motor control unit just under the heater assembly in the passenger footwell. tried a few from the scrappies and £2 later all was fine again.

Sign in to follow this