• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
karlo

Stock Ignition Maps For 16v?

karlo

I'm looking for the stock ignition map for the mi16 engine.

We've installed Megasquirt on a 16v engine in a 205, and it's running pretty well. But we're lacking a proper ignition map, and I would like the stock map. Surely, someone must have ripped the original map out of the eprom?

cybernck

i'm after the same thing (and the injection map as well :D).

someone should have at least an Emerald standard Mi16 map :).

16v205

These are the 2 maps I have at the moment if there any use. Both are mi16 maps but with tb's.

I have got a standard mi16 map somewhere or at least did have a while ago :D Ill have to check my cd backups as there not on my laptop or server at work, I remember Emerald emailed me the maps when I didnt receive anything with the ecu.

Rich

maps.zip

karlo

Both of the ignition maps are the same (which I'm sure you already knew). It seems overly mild, reaching full advance of 29 degrees only at 6500 rpms, and having little vacuum advance. I think you'll gain a fair bit of driveability (and economy) by dialling in more advance at the right places. (Mind you, I'm not dissing you!)

Does anyone have the binary image of the Motronic ECU? With a little luck we can just rip the ignition map from the image.

B1ack_Mi16
Both of the ignition maps are the same (which I'm sure you already knew). It seems overly mild, reaching full advance of 29 degrees only at 6500 rpms, and having little vacuum advance. I think you'll gain a fair bit of driveability (and economy) by dialling in more advance at the right places. (Mind you, I'm not dissing you!)

Does anyone have the binary image of the Motronic ECU? With a little luck we can just rip the ignition map from the image.

Seeing that petert has found that 24-25 degrees advance may give the best poweroutput on Mi16 engines with TB's and wilder camshafts I think the emerald map probably is good for the engine it was ment for.

Standard engine with normal plenum would probably want a few more degrees.

Also remember emerald maps have load by TPS, while most use MAP for load with megasquirt, so the maps can't be compared directly (well at WOT it can, but probably not in between idle and wot).

karlo

Agree, TBs and wilder camshafts would yield higher volumetric efficiency, so somewhat less advance would be required.

See your point about Emerald being Alpha-N (was news to me).

cybernck

have you managed to find anything yet karlo? :D

16v205

Found them eventually, hiding on my gf's computer :)

Standard mi16 engine map and a 205 TT map for Emeralds

Rich

maps.zip

Sign in to follow this