• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pug_Power_Dave

Acceleration

Pug_Power_Dave

When im accelerating in my 205 it seems as if it pulls better at 1/2- 2/3rds throttle than it does with my foot to the floor, anyone else experianced this in their pug?

Could it be to do with my timming and mixtures? My vac hose its all connected and working, and this would suggest its running too lean wouldnt it? but it smells rich at idle!

Any Help greatly apprceiated.

Cheers

Dave

Pug_Power_Dave

Any Ideas at all anyone?? ;)

Dave

Mikey G

Best get the fueling checked if you smell fuel at idle, could be a fault on the AFM.

Pug_Power_Dave

Cheers Mikey G,

Will try swaping the AFM and see if it helps

Thanks

Dave

jonah

I see from your sig you've got a "remaped ecu", what's that all about? Fuel map with the standard ECU should be spot on unless you've got significant engine mods. Fit a standard one and see if that cures it. Also as it's a 1.9 conversion - do you know if it still has 1.6 injectors, ECU or AFM? These will not be properly matched to the engine and will also give incorrect fuelling.

Pug_Power_Dave

The ecu was all about getting it not to be jerky when just trundleing round town, and seems to have worked, along with making the top engine mount more solid! got yellow 1.9 injectors and 1.9 ecu, not sure about the AFM though, are they not the same between the 1.6 and the 1.9??

Cheers

Dave

Ryan

The AFM, ECU, and injectors are different. You need either all 1.6 stuff or all 1.9. If you mix and match then the fueling will be off.

brianthemagical

parts no.s

go to the above website and search with your part numbers of anything bosch you can find. it will tell you which car it's from.

boombang

Also check the WOT sensor.

On the throttle body, you have a throttle position sensor with two positions where it sends a signal - closed throttle and wide open throttle (=WOT, comes on at something like 2/3).

Unplug the TPS connector and you'll find three pins. Middle pin is earth, pin on the left as you look at it, I think, is closed, one to the right is WOT (may be the other way round but you'll soon know).

Pug_Power_Dave

Cheers for the extra info...i'll get investigating further when i get a min :D

Thanks again

Dave

Sign in to follow this