• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stealth_pug

Xs And Rallye Compatability

stealth_pug

hi all, is it possible to use a xs head with a Uk rally bottom end without having to make any other changes? If not what would need doing?

thanks

TKH

The head is totally different so you can not fit a XS head casting as a replacement on the rallye. But if your thinking of swapping the Rallye bottom end for a XS one then the pistons have a large dome in the top of the rally. I suspect that at least the compression would jump up. As long as you check clearance you should be ok. If compression turns out to be a problem you can put a thicker head gasket on or even possibly two.

Jrod

I've an XS bottom end you can buy if you want.

stealth_pug

thanks for clearing that up mate.

Just sold the whole car mate so won't need the bottom end. Cheers for the offer though.

Sandy

Do you mean 205 XS and 205 Rallye? If so the heads are totally interchangeable, I think TKH is referring to the 106.

TKH

Sorry my mistake. You are totally correct there sandy309. I apologise stealth pug.

Sign in to follow this