• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Quigs

2lt Turbo

Quigs

hi all.

just wonfering what boost can i run on a standard xm 2llt turbo lump??

quigs

bales
hi all.

just wonfering what boost can i run on a standard xm 2llt turbo lump??

quigs

Hmmm can of worms...... :)

I would say about 12psi ish probably to be on the safe side, if you mention upping the boost most people seem to think that your engine will automatically blow up, but there seems to be a lot of 406 owners and xantia activa owners who turn it up to a bar via a bleed valve and run round happily at that with no problems.

I really wouldnt like to say what is safe or not, but they do have a knock sensor and are controlled via map so should be able to compensate for a moderate boost increase aslong as your intercooling is decent.

Edited by bales

sonofsam

Enjoy the wheelspin when you take the stock boost controller off!

inferno

pah, external wastegate and an in car bleed valveis the only boost control a turbo needs ;)

Baz

Aren't bleed valves total sh!t? Cheap bodge way of upping boost levels, screwing actuators. They over boost before settling at a level.

Malachy
Aren't bleed valves total sh!t? Cheap bodge way of upping boost levels, screwing actuators. They over boost before settling at a level.

not with an extrnal wastegatem they dont have an actuater and you "bleed" the boost into the other side of the diaphram thus keeping the valve shut, not to atmos like a normal internal wastegate.

inferno

As andy says!

The use of an external gate also does away with boost creep/overboost scenarios.

whizzer71

So which pipe do you fit the bleed valve into ?,between the compressor housing and wastegate actuator and do away with the electronic valve and the pipe back to the inlet manifold ?,Does the ecu not detect an overboost situation via its internal map sensor or will it just adjust the fuelling to meet the extra boost.

Any one know what Dervdoctor charges to remap a rgy/x 3.2 ecu ?

Cheers

Tristan

:P

Sign in to follow this