• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdcti

which clutch cable for my Gear Box?

Guest kdcti

hi i need to know which clutch cable to order for my car?

been today to auto shop and there is about for listed. but makes it hard because i have swaped engine and gear box :D

options were, i think,

be1

be3

P.A.S

'90<

>'90

my car was a 1986 1.6 cti but i have fitted an engine from a G reg(1990) sorrento green, it's a 1.9

gear stick pattern is

1 3 5

- + -

2 4 R

hope this helps someone, worst bit is listings show pre and post '90 but as the car is a '90 it causes confusion

thanks

keith

Rob_the_Sparky

You have a BE3 and probably a 1.9 if that is where it came from. Top gear on a 1.9 is ~21mph/1000revs and a 1.6 18.6mph/1000revs, you should be able to work it out from there.

Rob

CJ_2_0_5

There are also different ones for PAS models (I know cos I got given the wrong one!). The difference is in the plastic bit which attaches to the bulk head. Mine (non-pas) was a screw in type and I was given a push in type.

I think I could have got it to fit with some mods to the bulk head, but I like to point out how s*it the parts department are at the local dealers!! lol

Cheers

CJ

Guest sgoaty

i had problems getting one as mines an 87 with a 89 box so i had to change my clutch pedal

Guest kdcti

i have fitted PAS to the car but i persume as it was not fitted before i should order non PAS one?

thanks for that lads great help

thats one step closer to having a compleat car!!!

thanks again

keith

CJ_2_0_5

Yes order the non-pas one.

Have a quick look in the engine bay where the clutch pedal exits the bulk head, below the brake servo. There should be a white plastic thing(!) if you rotate this and it comes out of the bulk head you can be sure you've got the right part. If rotating it does nothing then get the other type.

Cheers

CJ

Guest pugrot

i have been told that the two gearbox's have diferent clutch release mountings (i.e on the be1 the lever is on the side and on the be3 it is on the top) but be careful as the one with the lever on the side also has a bolt on bit that looks like the one with the lever on the top. I made this mistake and had to waste another 2 hours going to swap it

Sign in to follow this